Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What temperature can I expect off a Nespresso machine?

Options
  • 05-03-2019 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, my husband signed me up to a Nespresso subscription scheme for Christmas. Not being much of a coffee drinker himself and not realising the differences in machines, he went for the Essenzo mini, which is the entry level model. I previously had an older version of the Citiz. I’m really noticing the difference in the temp of the coffee, I used a temperature probe in it this morning and the lungo was only 60 degrees (no milk) I can’t find any info online what the temperature should be, but this seems on the cool side to me. I gave it a really good descale over the weekend, but no improvement. Is it worth getting on to them and seeing if there is an issue with the machine? Or is this about the best I can expect from the entry model?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'd generally let the machine warm up and run hot water through it into the cup im going to use first. To warm the machine and the cup in one go. Then dump the water in the cup, pop in the capsule and off I go. 60 degrees is definitely not hot enough, but there's a number of factors in between the coffee making it to the cup. If it came out of the machine at that temp I'd expect no steam at all and it to be quite obvious that something was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Are you using appropriate cups? I only make espresso out of it but find it perfectly hot. If you use a mug the drink will rapidly cool vs an espresso cup or lungo glass.

As a non vertuo machine its for small servings only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Thanks for the replies, I use a lungo cup (it's actually a Nespresso one that I got free with my old machine) so defintely the right size. I will try heating the cup and the machine tomorrow and see if that makes a difference. It was also making the coffee very frothy, kind of looked like a bad pint of Guinness! But the descaling seems to have fixed that. But again, it doesn't have the same smoothness to the finish that my old machine had. But I just don't know if its the difference in quality of the machine, or a fault with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

There is some way to adjust the temperature I think (at least there is on the commercial Nespresso machine we have in the office).

I'd say if you Google it you'll find out how to do it

Advertisement