Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To reset wifi password or deactivate wi-free?

Options
  • 05-03-2019 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

Hi if roommate not chipping in with broadband bill is it better to just reset wifi password? I saw online when I log in that there is 2 options:

Reset wifi password or
    Deactivate wi-free on your modem

Even if password reset...if they connect a device through ethernet cable will connection still work for them?

This really is the last resort and something I really do not want to do but leeching is too much lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Resetting the password would work for stopping them using the wifi temporarily, but there's nothing to stop them pressing the factory reset button.
    I don't know what Wi-free is.
    An ethernet connection will still work.

Short of logging into the device, changing the admin password, blacklisting all their wireless devices then filling the ethernet ports and reset button with cement, There's usually a way for them to get back in if they're tech savvy enough. If you can look up how to do it,they can look up how to undo it just as easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭mightyreds

As above reset the wifi password / Admin password and lock the router away somewhere I think are the only options

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

Okay thanks for the info guys. Seems like too much hassle and would be a bit awkward and router in the living room so moving would be tricky. Only a couple of months left in the contract so will cancel when its up and just use mobile broadband which will be grand.

I've shared broadband over the years and this is the first time I have experienced issues with someone chipping in lol

Advertisement