Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting 2 routers to VirginMedia modem

Options
  • 04-03-2019 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

I have VirginMedia Hub 3.0 at home, working in Modem Mode (Bridged). At the moment there is one router connected to the LAN port of the VirginMedia hub.

Is it possible to connect another router to another Lan port, ie. connecting 2 routers to the VM hub simultaneously?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yes, you can connect at least three.

Be aware they will be independent networks if you do this. Devices on one will be isolated from devices on the other as if they were in two different homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭TestLink

Thanks ED E...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pablojml

How did you get the HUB 3.0 as modem mode (bridge)? I've called VM and they say it is not supported, that they can only put it as IPv4.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dsagra

pablojml wrote: »
    How did you get the HUB 3.0 as modem mode (bridge)? I've called VM and they say it is not supported, that they can only put it as IPv4.

When you're in IPV4 only, Hub web interface will allow you to put the router in modem mode as that option would appear only in this case ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pablojml

Hello dsagra, I was onto VM support and they changed it to IPv4, however the modem mode option is nowhere to be seen when I login to the HUB 3.0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Hello dsagra, I was onto VM support and they changed it to IPv4, however the modem mode option is nowhere to be seen when I login to the HUB 3.0.

http://ipv6-test.com/

If it says IPV6 is working, then you were not moved to a IPV4 address only.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You have to hardware reset it after the change for the dialogue to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dsagra

ED E wrote: »
    You have to hardware reset it after the change for the dialogue to appear.

correct, this has to be done, too, after Virgin switches you to Ipv4 only ;)

Advertisement