Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for PR application

Options
  • 04-03-2019 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hey,
    Sorry if this has all been asked before.

I am looking to get PR here in Canada.
    My visa ends in November so I am looking to get the ball rolling.

I have been working since then, in two different jobs but as an IT analyst for Law Firms in Toronto.

As of now, after doing the points calculator and based on doing a hopefully getting good marks in my English exam, I am sitting on 393 points. I am aware this on the low end of thing. It seems the thing that is hurting me is education, I only have secondary school. My IT qualifications are all self taught and I tend to interview really well.
    I did do a small certificate course in Cork about 12 years ago, the grades were average but I went for a year. Its level 5 or whatever but its so long ago that I cant remember much and still trying to get my dad to find it back home. But if I choose one year certificate etc... on the points system , it bumps me up dramatically to 470 + I am just not sure a certificate from a small post secondary in Cork will be enough.

Basically what I am trying to find out is , what options I have from this point on.........I have a good job on a full time contract but I have never had the best education despite always working in a good job.

Any advice on how to approach my PR application would be great.

Comments

Advertisement