Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leylandii Hedging Taming it somewhat

Options
  • 04-03-2019 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭

So I have two boundaries of my property with mature leylandii Hedging . Great wind breaker but it needs some trimming and neating up.

I don't want to ruin it by exposing any brown or dead growth. There is some bramble in some spots.

This is about 4 meter tall on one boundary.

Any tips tricks that I should be doing when tackle.

I have multitude of trimmers petrol and electric and chainsaw. Image below

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,291 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You don't really have a whole lot of choice. If you wish to reduce the height find the trunk at the top of each one and cut it rather lower than you want, leaving the surrounding branches higher. Then trim down the highest branch tips but no further than green growth. Repeat on sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I suppose I do want to take some height of them. Merely to make sure they don't get out of control.

More the faces I'm concerned about ruining them. But I suppose just be careful with length of what I'm removing

Advertisement