Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters Tickets

Options
  • 04-03-2019 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Big ask here but I have 2 tickets for the Sunday of the US Masters and I'm looking to swap for 2 for either the Thursday or Friday.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

I've 3 magic beans and a low mileage unicorn if you want to do a straight swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Always wanted to go, its bucket list material. Approximately how much are the tickets, are they something you simply apply to buy or is there a lottery type process

• Registered Users Posts: 25,334 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

millhouse wrote: »
    Approximately how much are the tickets, are they something you simply apply to buy or is there a lottery type process

List price is pretty irrelevent. Most of the tickets go to permanent ticket holders who are called 'patrons', they get an allocation (probably two tickets) every year until they die and there's a lottery every year for a few (very few I suspect) additional tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

23therise wrote: »
    Big ask here but I have 2 tickets for the Sunday of the US Masters and I'm looking to swap for 2 for either the Thursday or Friday.

Cheers

Two Sunday tickets for the masters. Jesus, there's a lot of envious people on here I can tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭rooney30

bailey99 wrote: »
    Two Sunday tickets for the masters. Jesus, there's a lot of envious people on here I can tell you.

Nah, I’d rather listen to Mark Roe on Sky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Apparently second hand tickets are going for insane prices online if the OP is that way inclined.

link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

great tournament but massively over-hyped, particularly in recent years IMHO

It's ridiculous that they have a virtually closed list of 'patrons' who get the badges every year. Which means that as they get older, patrons either can't afford to go with the high cost of local hotel accommodation as inflation eats away at their pensions or they're just too old to travel. Which means that either their children use the tickets or they end up in the hands of touts.

Wimbledon has an open lottery every year for one day tickets for the show courts, that's the way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭rooney30

coylemj wrote: »
    It's ridiculous that they have a virtually closed list of 'patrons' who get the badges every year. Which means that as they get older, patrons either can't afford to go with the high cost of local hotel accommodation as inflation eats away at their pensions or they're just too old to travel. Which means that either their children use the tickets or they end up in the hands of touts.

Wimbledon has an open lottery every year for one day tickets for the show courts, that's the way to do it.

I would very much doubt that affordabiikity is an issue for “patrons “ on this closed list . Your talking Forbes magazine for these lads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭bren2001

great tournament but massively over-hyped, particularly in recent years IMHO

It's either the best or second best tournament of the year anticipation wise for 99% of golf fans. I personally prefer the Open but there's something special about the Masters. I don't really see how its "massively over-hyped". It's one of the 4 majors, hard to over-hype any of them. I'm annoyed I'll be away for work for at least the first two days this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,663 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

bren2001 wrote: »
    It's either the best or second best tournament of the year anticipation wise for 99% of golf fans. I personally prefer the Open but there's something special about the Masters. I don't really see how its "massively over-hyped". It's one of the 4 majors, hard to over-hype any of them. I'm annoyed I'll be away for work for at least the first two days this year.

It gets built up as the magic of the masters but what really annoys me about it is they usually only show 4 hours of action on the first 2 days, coverage usually starts 3 hours after the leaders have finished.

A little more over the weekend but ultimately we end up watching hours of the lads talking manure in the studio while they limit coverage to create "the magic". Give me the open any day of the week.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

It gets built up as the magic of the masters but what really annoys me about it is they usually only show 4 hours of action on the first 2 days, coverage usually starts 3 hours after the leaders have finished.

A little more over the weekend but ultimately we end up watching hours of the lads talking manure in the studio while they limit coverage to create "the magic". Give me the open any day of the week.

Unfortunately with sky sports, the opencoverage is heading that way too. Bring back peter alyss and the beeb

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Going off topic folks, the op is looking for help not a discussion on the tournament. Thanks

rooney30 wrote: »
    I would very much doubt that affordabiikity is an issue for “patrons “ on this closed list . Your talking Forbes magazine for these lads

You're confusing patrons with members. A patron is an ordinary Joe who made it onto the waiting list (for which there was a waiting list) for Masters tickets 30 or 40 years ago and who finally made it onto the list of patrons. The list price they pay for tickets is very modest, nothing like their worth on the open market.

The Forbes people you're talking about get 'invited' to become members, usually after their company stumps up a large cheque for life membership. We're talking the CEOs of IBM, GM etc.

Sorry if that's OT, my point is that the same people get tickets year after year. Which is why the prices on the black open market are so high.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

23therise wrote: »

Cheers

I can swap you 2 tickets to The Open on the Thursday for them. I’ll also pay for transport from Dublin airport to and from the course, if you reciprocate.😀

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mikepajero182

Would you be willing to swap for one of my kidneys?

Advertisement