Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keith Flint of The Prodigy has died aged 49

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Poor fook:(

Horrible news.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

Suicide apparently. Very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mgkelly

I'm very sad to hear this. Read a lot of tributes on Twitter and though there may be a bit of "don't speak I'll of the dead", he sounded like a good bloke. Particularly sad that it is suicide, too. Happens to too many, doesn't it?
    I was listening and seeing them early in my musical exploration trajectory. Always liked what they did. Very innovative and "angry" sounding, which I liked. Personally, felt they were a bit turgid at EP last year and was disappointed, but that's my problem! Still respect them for their early stuff and how it shaped me.
    I'm sorry this had to happen to this poor lad. He's the same age as me. Life ain't straightforward, but thankfully, I've never been in that zone.
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Bloody hell.

I saw The Prodigy at Oxegen 2008 and it was completely nuts.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

The death of Keith Flint is certainly tragic. I would not have been a raver as such, but The Prodigy, as a musical act, and Keith Flint, as a performer, were exciting. Their music is a kind of "electronic punk" and, of course, Keith became famous for his punk style. He was great on Firestarter and Breathe. I also liked Voodoo People and Out of Space as musical pieces. Who can forget that video for Firestarter, and Keith in particular?

RIP Keith Flint - truly a unique performer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

This performance had quite an effect on me back in 95. I watched it over and over again. Sonically it was The Prodigy on a whole different level to what I had heard and loved before but Flint had morphed into this moneumtal stage presence.

Glad to see that everything about it holds up today.

Advertisement