Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long a layover needed for COPR?

Options
  • 03-03-2019 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Non-boardsie mate was wondering how long a layover is needed, to do the bits for COPR on a layover?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

the_syco wrote: »
    Non-boardsie mate was wondering how long a layover is needed, to do the bits for COPR on a layover?

Too many variables to predicts - depends which airport, what time of the day, how many people are in the queue, how many agents are on duty etc.... Have heard about people waiting 2+ hours in Toronto just to do COPR process on top of normal connection times. I would say 30 minutes is the minimum time to add on for any connection with COPR to process.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

He's flying direct to Toronto, but when I flew direct to Toronto myself a few years back with Westjet, the "direct" flight stopped at Newfoundland, and I barely made it back on the plane before it left, so am dubious even about direct flights. So I told my mate to perhaps plan on stopping somewhere, on his terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

the_syco wrote: »
    He's flying direct to Toronto, but when I flew direct to Toronto myself a few years back with Westjet, the "direct" flight stopped at Newfoundland, and I barely made it back on the plane before it left, so am dubious even about direct flights. So I told my mate to perhaps plan on stopping somewhere, on his terms.

Yes there are no direct Dublin to Toronto flights with Westjet. In any case they only start on April 30th and now go via Halifax (no St John's anymore). But even if you did miss that flight Westjet would have put you on the next one.

If he has booked with Air Canada, Aer Lingus or Air Transat, then they do fly direct from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If he has booked with Air Canada, Aer Lingus or Air Transat, then they do fly direct from Dublin
    Yup. Was Norwegian Air was cheapest, but their finances have been suspect lately, so told him to stay clear of them. Any idea what Air Transat are like?

Advertisement