Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Watch R800

Options
  • 02-03-2019 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a smartwatch to connect with my Galaxy S9+.

Seen R800 46 mm smartwatch today in Harvey's Norman today and it looked fairly good.

Anyone using it and wish to highlight any drawbacks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

I have the Galaxy Watch 46 mm since launch. It is a great watch. Its not really great for Android Pay though. It will not play nice. Fitness features are great though. One problem I had and which is widely discussed online is that the strap caused burning on my wrist. See the attached image, Samsung will not acknowledge that there is an issue! I had to order a metal band to alleviate the problem.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Glad to hear its a good tool for fitness. That would be my main use with this watch. I just checked its 100 euros cheaper on Eglobal.

Sorry to see you got rash?nickel allergy, due to the watch, it looks painful. I am hoping to get brown leather strap for it.

Any other issues?
    PaulT21 wrote: »
    I have the Galaxy Watch 46 mm since launch. It is a great watch. Its not really great for Android Pay though. It will not play nice. Fitness features are great though. One problem I had and which is widely discussed online is that the strap caused burning on my wrist. See the attached image, Samsung will not acknowledge that there is an issue! I had to order a metal band to alleviate the problem.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Drawbacks are that app availability is terrible and it hasn't got Google Pay (though Wear OS ones don't have here either without faffing about). Upsides are that they just work so much better than a Wear OS watch and do exactly what 99% need from one anyway. Samsung fitness tracking is infinitely better than Google's too.

Did you look up the Galaxy Watch Active too? It's only coming out this month but looks a lot tidier than the original Galaxy Watch. I've one bought from earlier in the week to replace my Gear S3 Frontier.

Thanks for highlighting these points.

How do you find the Galaxy Watch Active? Its available on eglobal for 180 euros. But I feel battery life will be an issue and also smaller screen to read things on. Lack of bezel.
    I will do little more research today what suits my need and then order. Most likely Galaxy watch.
    Drawbacks are that app availability is terrible and it hasn't got Google Pay (though Wear OS ones don't have here either without faffing about). Upsides are that they just work so much better than a Wear OS watch and do exactly what 99% need from one anyway. Samsung fitness tracking is infinitely better than Google's too.

Did you look up the Galaxy Watch Active too? It's only coming out this month but looks a lot tidier than the original Galaxy Watch. I've one bought from earlier in the week to replace my Gear S3 Frontier.

Anyone got eglobal discount code please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone got eglobal discount code please?

Cool the jets, what do you want the smartwatch to do, a few of us happy with the Huawei watch 2 as it's a standalone watch you can put your sim in and leave the s9 at home...

Cool the jets, what do you want the smartwatch to do, a few of us happy with the Huawei watch 2 as it's a standalone watch you can put your sim in and leave the s9 at home...

They're a slow stuttery mess to use though.

Basically as a fitness tracker. Liked the big dial of 46 mm on this. Can't leave my s9+ at home as I am into photography which can't be done by any watch.

Huawei is nice, but I stick to Samsung as I have other devices from Samsung and easier to connect, etc.

Have you got a discount code please?

They're a slow stuttery mess to use though.

They break your free from your phone which is worth its weight in gold...early days but it's going in the right direction. It's nice to go out with just cash in your pocket and not be distracted by a phone.

They break your free from your phone which is worth its weight in gold...early days but it's going in the right direction. It's nice to go out with just cash in your pocket and not be distracted by a phone.

It is if you want to be. Personally I wouldn't go anywhere without my phone and just use it when I want to and don't use it when I don't want to. It never jumps into my hand demanding me to start browsing.

• Advertisement

The watch is a phone so you still have your phone. Your still connected just no need to carry a brick.

The watch is a phone so you still have your phone. Your still connected just no need to carry a brick.

My phone isn't a brick. It's very easily carried and absolutely no need to be tied to a tiny round screen, especially one that doesn't run smoothly.

Plus, nobody is ever going to see me talking into a watch or talking with headphones on.

Your showing your age....can't speak for the Samsung but the Huawei is smooth running watch os and I've had a good few smart watches.

Your showing your age....can't speak for the Samsung but the Huawei is smooth running watch os and I've had a good few smart watches.

You think all phones are bricks and you're claiming someone else is showing their age?

:D good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Thanks for update.

Let me know how's the battery like?
    46 mm watch supposed to provide much better battery.

Enjoy :)
    Skerries wrote: »

Advertisement