Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can the 80mls on Aldi machine be increased

Options
  • 02-03-2019 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hello...
    I am looking for help and advice, if any one knows. I got an Aldi Ambiano coffee capsule machine for Christmas. It's a Nespresso type machine. So when I make a cup of coffee it's a very small portion. In the manual it says 80mls. Is there any way to double or triple that measure with out having to keep pressing the button ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭dball

AmberAmber wrote: »
    Hello...
    I am looking for help and advice, if any one knows. I got an Aldi Ambiano coffee capsule machine for Christmas. It's a Nespresso type machine. So when I make a cup of coffee it's a very small portion. In the manual it says 80mls. Is there any way to double or triple that measure with out having to keep pressing the button ?
    Try holding the button down for the desired amount of time.
    If this is done on a nespresso machine it automatically remembers the same time for the next time the bottom is pressed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Pulling extra water through the coffee ends up in over extraction and a bitter flavour with an espresso machine. Can't imagine it would be much different with one of these. I'd top up using the kettle. Try it both ways and see if you notice a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

AmberAmber wrote: »
    So when I make a cup of coffee it's a very small portion.

You're not making a cup of coffee you're making a shot of espresso. Its an espresso machine not a coffee machine.

Mr Magnolia is correct. Do a double shot of espresso and add water for an americano.

Advertisement