Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback NowTV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Thanks for that. I also have PiggyPoints that I could redeem against it, so it knocked another €4.50 off the price. :D:D

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Thanks, ordered. Got a 2 month deal 2 weeks ago on the now tv website and a 4 month deal now. Sorted for the next 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Geminigal

I just ordered it but does it work without a smart TV or do they send the dongle to connect through WiFi does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Geminigal wrote: »
    I just ordered it but does it work without a smart TV or do they send the dongle to connect through WiFi does anyone know?

To watch on a TV you'll need something like a Chromecast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Geminigal wrote: »

Only LG TVs currently have the app so as advised above you'll either need a Now TV stick which is not included in the price, or a Chromecast to watch on a TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭the goon

Only LG TVs currently have the app so as advised above you'll either need a Now TV stick which is not included in the price, or a Chromecast to watch on a TV

I have LG TV but the app on it won't work for Ireland. Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Samsung televisions have the app as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

the goon wrote: »
    I have LG TV but the app on it won't work for Ireland. Anyone else have this problem?

There are separate NOW TV apps for UK and Ireland, depending on the LG Services setting on the TV. UK app works fine (for UK accounts only). Irish app (irish accounts only) has lots of issues for me. I just bought a stick on Adverts and everything working perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Been getting an offer on my LG tv the last few days. Didn’t offer a link but I found it myself. https://www.nowtv.com/ie/lg

Gives you the 2 month entertainment pass for €15. Handy with Game of Thrones coming back next month and if anyone doesn’t want to sign up for the full 4 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

PS4 has the NowTV app as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

For the next 3 hours or so it's down to €26.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Anyone know if this is stackable ?

Anyone know if this is stackable ?

It's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

It's not.

Usually you can enter codes if you are in the last 30 days of an offer i.e. if your next renewal date is for full sub. Is that not the case here?

Dave..M wrote: »
    Usually you can enter codes if you are in the last 30 days of an offer i.e. if your next renewal date is for full sub. Is that not the case here?

I have a 2 month subscription at the moment until the end of April. Won't be within the 30 days of the current offer until the end of March. As it stands now it's not stacking for me. Ill try adding it again when I'm within the 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

I have a 2 month subscription at the moment until the end of April. Won't be within the 30 days of the current offer until the end of March. As it stands now it's not stacking for me. Ill try adding it again when I'm within the 30 days.

Interesting, I bought yesterday with the extra 3 quid off, i'll find out later this week if it works and if it doesn't then there is the 14 day refund option anyway

Dave..M wrote: »
    Interesting, I bought yesterday with the extra 3 quid off, i'll find out later this week if it works and if it doesn't then there is the 14 day refund option anyway

I was just going to make a new account for the 4 months if it doesn't stack at the end of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Any NowTV sports deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

Does the Android app work on all Android devices ie TV boxs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Any NowTV sports deals?

They actually have an offers page and it’s 50% off for 3 months.
    https://www.nowtv.com/ie/offers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

unreg999 wrote: »
    Does the Android app work on all Android devices ie TV boxs?

Not for sport anyway. Get a message about being disabled where there is a hdmi connection.

You can use a chromecast as one of your allowable devices though and cast to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Samsung televisions have the app as well.

Is that new? I tried to install the app last year but it was just a Beta version - they didnt seem to have a full version.

....... wrote: »
    Is that new? I tried to install the app last year but it was just a Beta version - they didnt seem to have a full version.

I downloaded it 3 or 4 months ago from app store thing on the tv. My one is a beta one too (says beta in a green banner over the Now tv app) but it seems fully functional. I've been using it away anyway.

I downloaded it 3 or 4 months ago from app store thing on the tv. My one is a beta one too (says beta in a green banner over the Now tv app) but it seems fully functional. I've been using it away anyway.

You getting GoT on it?

I might revisit mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I take it is still the case that the entertainment pass starts from day of first day of use, and not first day of purchase? Use to be that way for sports pass

You getting GoT on it?

I might revisit mine.

Ya, GoT is showing up on it. There are 7 seasons available to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

I see NowTV Smart Stick with Passplus 2-month package (Entertainment/Sport/...) on sale in Tesco at half price.

I have a Fire Stick. Is this essentially the same thing? Do I need it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

leck wrote: »
    I see NowTV Smart Stick with Passplus 2-month package (Entertainment/Sport/...) on sale in Tesco at half price.

I have a Fire Stick. Is this essentially the same thing? Do I need it?

There’s no NowTV on fire stick

Ya, GoT is showing up on it. There are 7 seasons available to watch.

Just thought Id come back and thank you on this - I revisited the app on my samsung smart tv and signed up for 2 weeks free trial and on that basis I reckon I will continue on a monthly subscription for a while - at least while Game of Thrones is on.

Its a bit slow, and a bit buggy but its grand. I dont think its really worth 15 euro per month on an ongoing basis, but a couple of months will be good.

• Advertisement

Just thought Id come back and thank you on this - I revisited the app on my samsung smart tv and signed up for 2 weeks free trial and on that basis I reckon I will continue on a monthly subscription for a while - at least while Game of Thrones is on.

Its a bit slow, and a bit buggy but its grand. I dont think its really worth 15 euro per month on an ongoing basis, but a couple of months will be good.

No bother. I'm the same. I got myself the free trial and 6 months of viewing on 2 separate deals for about €45. I wouldn't continue with it on the basis of €15 a month. There's a few TV shows I like on it and it took the hassle of finding working links to the shows on the internet. Once my deals are up I think Now TV will be something I'll dip into every now and then to do some catch up on and once I've watched what I want I'll cancel the sub again .

Advertisement