Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting no replies

Options
  • 02-03-2019 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi all. OK we have to vacate in August and I'm looking to move out sooner,before the vacate day.

Since December I've been emailing the houses we're interested in on daft but, I never get a single reply.

Itsyso frustrating. Am I doing something wrong, or writing the wrong thing in my emails? I just write our situation and ask if we can book a date and time to view the property.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Write your selling points not your situation.

I.e. something like : I have multiple tenant references, strong employment and utmost respect for the upkeep of a landlords property. If you would like a no hassle tenancy with a responsible and mature tenant, it would be lovely to meet you at the property to discuss further.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭ninjarambohd

Write your selling points not your situation.

I.e. something like : I have multiple tenant references, strong employment and utmost respect for the upkeep of a landlords property. If you would like a no hassle tenancy with a responsible and mature tenant, it would be lovely to meet you at the property to discuss further.

This is brilliant, thank you. Though there may be a small problem. I am unemployed and my girlfriend is on the disability allowance and getting the rent supplement.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,266 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

This is brilliant, thank you. Though there may be a small problem. I am unemployed and my girlfriend is on the disability allowance and getting the rent supplement.

Unfortunately the reasons why you are not getting any replies is now obvious. As a prospective tenant, unemployment and HAP make you a risk for the LL.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭overkill602

As you say been unemployed is a small problem how about getting a job may make you a more attractive proposition for a propective LL most dont want HAP especially in high demand areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Your moving in august is a bit away so property been advertised now is going now. Plus you dont work and your GF is the same. This is not attractive for a Landlord. There is with social tenants issues. People had bang their drum all they want and say its not fair etc but if you spend 200 k plus of your money on a property its to get a return , from un working tenants there is more risk and the state welfare system will not deal with the landlord when an issue arises. In fact if the landlord contacts welfare with an issue regarding a tenant the payments will be stopped entirely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hi all. OK we have to vacate in August
    Some could see this as an eviction, and steer clear of you. Others will be looking to fill the place now.

Check with your landlord, and see if they mind if you leave early. If they do, you'll have to wait until June/July before you start looking. If they don't mind, don't mention having to leave, and look to move in straight away.

As you're unemployed, and your GF is on disability allowance, speak to your CC, and see if they have any one-bed places available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

You created another thread recently about issues with Hap/gov not paying your current ll rent and a dispute with the RTB. I cant remeber specifics but this highlights the reason why most ll will try and stay away from you. Ll dont want the risk and hassle of trying to deal with this.

When you try and rent a property, its like going for an interview. You put your best foot forward to get the job(house) in your case, it sounds like you wont have a ll reference, both of you dont have a job and you want HAP. Sorry to sound harsh but when i review references, i would immediately throw yours to the trash. It doesnt matter what i think of you on the day, you just have too many red flags and when i have a dozen more with perfect record, its an easy decison. If there is an RTB dispute, this is also public record which other ll have access to which would also be another reason why i would atay away.

You have a few options:
    1. Try and get a job so you dont need to use HAP - this is your biggest obstacle.
    2. Do you know any friends that have a place to let to. If they already know you, they might be more likely to let to you.
    3. Talk to your local county council to see what they can do for you
    4. Start looking for accomodation in “dodgy” areas as they are the only places that would let to you given your current CV.

I hope it works out for you but right now you need to think about it from a ll point of view. Why would they pick you over a dozen other people. Email is also more difficult to get in there as well. Sometimes i get over a 100 emails in one day for an ad. Call the ea/ll to try and get a viewing and start from there.

Advertisement