Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSF Car Parts 60% Off

Options
  • 02-03-2019 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭

First things first:: they can be higher priced than some other vendors on their standard pricing.

But there are still deals to be had with the 60% discount code - VIP60.

I've got some great deals on difficult to find & normally expensive stuff.

The other nice thing is that if you are in the Dublin area you can collect & return at one of the stores.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭FDave

Thanks OP, had to ring them to find out the brand of some items which is a bit strange but got all good brands. Worked out very cheap ðŸ‘

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks OP.
    Just about to order tar remover and some cleaning products and this code makes GSF cheapest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Went to try them as I have a list of bits I need for my wifes car and from the reg they got the wrong car but just near enough to look right. Car is an old Mk1 Focus and they decided from the reg it was a Mk2.

So manually selected the car and I can see what the OP means, they are more expensive than Micks Garage but good price with the discount, without the discount I won't be using them again unless no one else has the part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭dmc17

Thanks OP. 60% is a sizable discount, but just spot checking a few bits and they seem to be incredibly overpriced in general. Anyone else notice this?
    e.g.
    Carplan Tyre Silk 30.92 vs 12 in Halfords
    Magic Tree Air Freshener 4.51 vs 1.50 in Tesco
    Carplan Hi-Foam Wash 23.19 vs 15.60 in Halfords
    Autoglym Super Resin Polish 27.71 vs 16.20 in Halfords

Yeah I noticed they were well over priced the 60% off made the prices realistic and I'd prefer not to buy everything I need from Micks Garage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

dmc17 wrote: »
    Thanks OP. 60% is a sizable discount, but just spot checking a few bits and they seem to be incredibly overpriced in general. Anyone else notice this?
    e.g.
    Carplan Tyre Silk 30.92 vs 12 in Halfords
    Magic Tree Air Freshener 4.51 vs 1.50 in Tesco
    Carplan Hi-Foam Wash 23.19 vs 15.60 in Halfords
    Autoglym Super Resin Polish 27.71 vs 16.20 in Halfords

Yes.
    Comparisons are mentioned every time there is a gsf post. Hence, the first line of my original post.

What you have listed are generic consumables, they can be sourced elsewhere for cheaper.

Actual 'car parts' though may be sourced cheaper via GSF with the code provided for the next 2-3 days.

I've managed to get:
    - a glow plug controller for €74 (140-180 everywhere else).
    - 2x oil filter for €9
    - brembo brake pads for €35
    - cabin filter, air filter, wiper blade set, brake pad fitting kit €55

Two weeks ago i ordered glow plugs from Micks Garage for €60. On GSF 'at the moment' i can get them for €40 (33% savings). But it's too late for me as the plugs are already installed.

I'm considering whether to order the brake disks now as well at this discount & just store them until needed.

Every few years i need stuff & this discount or similar crops up. If I'm paying attention i manage to get a great deal.

I bought the front pads 2 years ago from GSF & haven't had to replace yet.
    Even though it just passed the NCT with flying colours i will be doing a brake service soon so will need the rear pads, hence i purchased them now rather than paying more in the next month or two.

BTW, GSF is short for German, Swedish, French.

wandererz wrote: »
    Yes.
    Comparisons are mentioned every time there is a gsf post. Hence, the first line of my original post.

What you have listed are generic consumables, they can be sourced elsewhere for cheaper.

Actual 'car parts' though may be sourced cheaper via GSF with the code provided for the next 2-3 days.

I've managed to get:
    - 2x oil filter for €9

Two weeks ago i ordered glow plugs from Micks Garage for €60. On GSF 'at the moment' i can get them for €40 (33% savings). But it's too late for me as the plugs are already installed.

I'm considering whether to order the brake disks now as well at this discount & just store them until needed.

Every few years i need stuff & this discount or similar crops up. If I'm paying attention i manage to get a great deal.

Even though it just passed the NCT with flying colours i will be doing a brake service soon so will need the rear pads, hence i purchased them now rather than paying more in the next month or two.

Haha, I think I just saw the 60% and was gone straight to the site :D

Definitely agree that you can get good bargains on the right products though with that discount

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The op did say the prices are high and the 60% off makes it somewhat decent

Btw is that tyre slik any good ?

Haven't actually used it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Got 4 Bosch spark plugs delivered for €13, couldn't see anything else i needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

This thread came at perfect time. 2003 work horse passat tdi failed on front discs and pads, brake hoses aswell. Usually wouldn't shop here as they are quite expensive. 170ish without discount and 68 with discount and free express delivery. Happy days. Thanks for putting it up OP

• Advertisement

In case anyone is interested I ordered Saturday (obviously didn't expect the order to be processed till Monday) and with free delivery stuff arrived about 6PM on Tuesday with DPD. All stuff was branded Vetech and while I wouldn't have bought crappy own brand stuff, from the part numbers it seems that the bearings might be SKF although they don't say that on the bearings?

Edit> While chasing up the part numbers to see who made them I came across their trustpilot page :(https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.gsfcarparts.com

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭turbostan

dar_cool wrote: »
    This thread came at perfect time. 2003 work horse passat tdi failed on front discs and pads, brake hoses aswell. Usually wouldn't shop here as they are quite expensive. 170ish without discount and 68 with discount and free express delivery. Happy days. Thanks for putting it up OP

€170 ish without discount is just ridiculous.
    You should pick up that stuff in your local for €110ish, or €80ish with discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 royalcanalpark

wandererz wrote: »
    Yes.

I've managed to get:
    - 2x oil filter for €9

Lame question, but is this a DIY job or would you buy brake pads, oil filters etc and bring it to local garage and get them to fix it. I am just about to service my car and need oil filter and brake pads changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

turbostan wrote: »
    You should pick up that stuff in your local for €110ish, or €80ish with discount.

Crazy alright, I priced parts today from my usual motor factors and was 95 all in so 68 is a nice saving. Will pay for the retest!!

Lame question, but is this a DIY job or would you buy brake pads, oil filters etc and bring it to local garage and get them to fix it. I am just about to service my car and need oil filter and brake pads changed.

Oil filter & oil change, air filter, cabin filter are generally DIY if you are in any way mechanically minded.

Brakes are a little more involved. You typically want to see it being done or someone to show you first time. Brakes are safety related of course, so super important.

Many garages/mechanics won't do work unless they supply the parts as well. You would need to check first.

One of the garages in D15 i asked said no to the brake pads. When i said "Brembo" they changed their minds.
    That was only because i needed other work done.

turbostan wrote: »

The bright side of life is that he got it even cheaper @ €68. Good stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

They've been running these promos for at least 4 years. Emails goes out every weekend. Mostly it's 55%, sometimes it's more.

Their business model seems to be pricing high and giving a massive discount where customers feel they've nabbed a bargain. I've priced around most times I've used them and find them mostly the cheapest.

You can click and collect for free in santry or oak road, delivery is very quick and free over 30€. I've purchased quite a bit from them and havehad no problems. Only time I had a problem was getting free postage when paying by PayPal and that was refunded within 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Call_me_Al

nice find

however, 39€ for a drivers side premiem wiper blade and 35€ for 1 passenger side wiper blade is a slight bit over the top

I seen lidl selling 1 of each blades for around 6euro this week, made by michelin

Lidl It is for me :)

I pay about a fiver for a decent set in the UK, can't understand the rip off prices for wipers here.

The Michelin ones are identical to the Wipac ones I buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

Code working again until Tuesday the 19th

• Advertisement

MOBIL 1 ESP 5W-30 - 5L 151euro before discount.

48e + delivery on opieoils !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

Ordered rain X got Some thing different

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

MOBIL 1 ESP 5W-30 - 5L 151euro before discount.

48e + delivery on opieoils !!!!!

Looking at balljoints for my car, they're listed at €36.72 each. A set I got from a UK supplier were £9.58 each, Lemforder no less.

Delivery? I buy in bulk so it's free, but can take a while to deliver

Some other parts I've checked out for some other cars I have are the same, maybe this deal is better suited to accessories and the likes?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Looking at balljoints for my car, they're listed at €36.72 each. A set I got from a UK supplier were £9.58 each, Lemforder no less.

Delivery? I buy in bulk so it's free, but can take a while to deliver

Some other parts I've checked out for some other cars I have are the same, maybe this deal is better suited to accessories and the likes?

I thought their free shipping was UK only...

Great prices though. I've used them for brake parts and complete drive shafts and even with £18ish delivery, it was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

VIP60 discount still working. Ordered parts Monday, frustrating experience so far.

No delivery yet, no shipping notification.
    Contact form doesn't work says captcha incorrect though no captcha is displayed, and if you email the address they give in your order email you get a response that you aren't approved to email them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

You don't get a shipping notification. I ordered parts on Sunday, and they were delivered on Tuesday. Log into your account and look at orders to see where it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

its a weird pricing strategy, but does work well for cheapparts, there another online congloberation onlinecarparts.co.uk / .de. EU or carpartsforleass etc. and they all use this discounting method, its a bit of a headacke overall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Used the VIP60 to order Bosch wiper blades, Valeo ones arrived. Tried to contact them but like above the contact us form doesn't work :pac:

Opened a PayPal dispute to contact them, can't imagine I'll get a response

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

richieffff wrote: »
    Used the VIP60 to order Bosch wiper blades, Valeo ones arrived. Tried to contact them but like above the contact us form doesn't work :pac:

Opened a PayPal dispute to contact them, can't imagine I'll get a response
    Is there a huge difference in quality?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Is there a huge difference in quality?

The Bosch ones are a bit better, and the Valeo ones are about a tenner cheaper (for the two front, and one back).

I wouldn't mind keeping them though

Advertisement