Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia Outcome 2019

Options
  • 01-03-2019 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys,
    Does anyone know how long it takes to hear from Hibernia about the outcome after an interview? Its been 5 days

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi there, welcome to Boards. I've moved your thread to the Work & Jobs forum where people may be more able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 joannesull

Hi guys,
    Does anyone know how long it takes to hear from Hibernia about the outcome after an interview? Its been 5 days

Hi I’ve literally just joined boards.ie to ask this same question. I’m on working day 8 and still no word!! Longest time of our lives.“ My interviewer said 5-10 working days but still!!thought I’d hear by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jennypenny23

joannesull wrote: »
    Hi I’ve literally just joined boards.ie to ask this same question. I’m on working day 8 and still no word!! Longest time of our lives.“ My interviewer said 5-10 working days but still!!thought I’d hear by now!

The waiting is terrible. How did you feel it went?

The waiting is terrible. How did you feel it went?

I had basically no Irish so worked so hard on it for months. I have 2 young kids and I studied my ass off putting in so much time but I don’t know how I went! I could answer everything but not sure to the standard they were looking for so I’m very nervous now waiting! Good luck to you. Monday will be day 9 so hopefully fingers crossed!SOOO LONG!

I had basically no Irish so worked so hard on it for months. I have 2 young kids and I studied my ass off putting in so much time but I don’t know how I went! I could answer everything but not sure to the standard they were looking for so I’m very nervous now waiting! Good luck to you. Monday will be day 9 so hopefully fingers crossed!SOOO LONG!

Best of luck with it hopefully you find out Monday and it'll be good news. Very hard to know what they are looking for. I panicked a good bit so not too hopeful but fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

Best of luck with it hopefully you find out Monday and it'll be good news. Very hard to know what they are looking for. I panicked a good bit so not too hopeful but fingers crossed.

Also did you check your spam folder a friend if mine got her offer and it went in there although all the other emails came through as normal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

As Hibernia is a private company do they fail many people? Who checks if they suitably assess the candidates Irish ability apart from the prerequisite of LC honours Irish?

There's a teaching forum possibly better suited to this.

did you hear Jenny? I just got email this evening and I was unsuccessful. I’m in shock it wasn’t just an interview, I prepped for months and months and worked so hard for it so honestly don’t know where I went wrong!! I even had teachers and a principal help me prep and I failed :( They don’t give feedback either!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nate121

Hey guys I received an email on Monday I was successful absolutely over the moon :) don’t get too down about not getting accepted you’ll come back stronger next time about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Olivia Pope

Joanne, you seem very certain that you did well. Would you contact Hibernia to see if they made a mistake

• Advertisement

did you hear Jenny? I just got email this evening and I was unsuccessful. I’m in shock it wasn’t just an interview, I prepped for months and months and worked so hard for it so honestly don’t know where I went wrong!! I even had teachers and a principal help me prep and I failed :( They don’t give feedback either!

Hi Joanne,
    Sorry just seeing this now. I'm very sorry yiu weren't succesful it's so hard after all the work you put in. I thought you had to get feedback as part of an interview process.
    I got an email to say I was accepted. Will you apply for Sept?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nate121

Hi Joanne,
    Sorry just seeing this now. I'm very sorry yiu weren't succesful it's so hard after all the work you put in. I thought you had to get feedback as part of an interview process.
    I got an email to say I was accepted. Will you apply for Sept?

Hey jenny, will you be starting also? Where in Ireland are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 annphil

Hi everyone I’m a mature student and I had my Hibernia interview last week. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful in Irish part. Can any one suggest any course or grinds on line or otherwise to help me for next February to re- sit Irish part. Totally gutted but would love some advice. Thanks everyone ðŸ‘

annphil wrote: »
    Hi everyone I’m a mature student and I had my Hibernia interview last week. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful in Irish part. Can any one suggest any course or grinds on line or otherwise to help me for next February to re- sit Irish part. Totally gutted but would love some advice. Thanks everyone ðŸ‘

Where are you based?

Where are you based?

Olivia Pope I’m based in thurles co Tipperary

• Registered Users Posts: 1 snowdrops2015

well I got my email on Monday and I'm too starting in September!!!!!! The interview was intense so I am delighted I got accepted!!!!!

well I got my email on Monday and I'm too starting in September!!!!!! The interview was intense so I am delighted I got accepted!!!!!

Congratulations best of luck in your studies ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 32 deiseliving

Waterford based here. Offer Irish grinds. Send PM. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 farout

Hello and congratulations on getting the course! Do you know if there is a facebook group set up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ThatsNew

Out of interest, how are the successful candidates planning on paying the substantial course fees?

• Advertisement

You have to pay by bank transfer, no other option.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 deiseliving

Where are you based?

Advertisement