Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home Max

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Del007

Was it even close to being worth £399?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

kave2 wrote: »
    Google Home Max is on sale on UK Google store. 199£, was
    399£. Great deal.

https://store.google.com/gb/product/google_home_max

Thanks OP . Will they ship to Ireland. Do you have to use PM or PW

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Thanks OP . Will they ship to Ireland. Do you have to use PM or PW
    UK store don't ship to Ireland. I always use Parcel Wizard. Fantastic service.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

Littlewoods also have the Sonos Beam soundbar for €234 in white. Good deal. Usually €400. Just ordered one. Alexa built in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Cheers OP... I've had one since they were released n love it. Picked up a second one there...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

clacks wrote: »

They only have a reduction in the chalk/white unit, the charcoal unit looks like it is still full price with them

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    They only have a reduction in the chalk/white unit, the charcoal unit looks like it is still full price with them

Thanks OP!

Charcoal is reduced, chalk is still full price. At least it was when I ordered it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Del007 wrote: »
    Was it even close to being worth £399?

No. And I paid that much (well, a bit less - €429 I think) for one.

Sound quality is good, very good for a 'smart speaker' as its basically competing with Sonos. Has line in and Bluetooth also. But it just isn't worth it.

However, it was a Christmas present for my partner who makes extensive use of it for Spotify/Tunein as well as Google Assistant commands; and it has replaced the kitchen radio entirely (as in it has been removed) so its working out OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Anyone tried to use it as TV soundbar?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

kave2 wrote: »
    Anyone tried to use it as TV soundbar?

Its analogue input only (despite Google knowing how to make dual 3.5mm/mini-toslink ports, the Chromecast Audio has one) with no virtual surround so it would be fairly sub-par. A €100 soundbar will likely be more suitable, albeit without Assistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

this is expired now - edit - expired on the littlewoods site, along with the sonos beam offer.

I had ordered the sonos beam at €234, but they cancelled the order because i had used work address for my main address. Now it's back to full price.

balls balls balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Thats some value on the Sonos Beam!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Irreverent wrote: »
    Littlewoods also have the Sonos Beam soundbar for €234 in white. Good deal. Usually €400. Just ordered one. Alexa built in.

up to €448 now :(

up to €448 now :(

Just got mine. Very fast delivery in fairness to them. Hopefully they'll run the deal again. Definitely a website worth watching. I've had some great bargains from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭PreCocious

Irreverent wrote: »
    Just got mine. Very fast delivery in fairness to them. Hopefully they'll run the deal again. Definitely a website worth watching. I've had some great bargains from them.

A brilliant price and I was surprised at how fast delivery was.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Irreverent wrote:

How long after you got the email saying it was despatched, did you receive it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭PreCocious

maximus02 wrote: »
    How long after you got the email saying it was despatched, did you receive it? Thanks

In my case I received the dispatch email yesterday and the item today. I ordered it on Sunday.

ablelocks wrote: »
    this is expired now - edit - expired on the littlewoods site, along with the sonos beam offer.

I had ordered the sonos beam at €234, but they cancelled the order because i had used work address for my main address. Now it's back to full price.

balls balls balls.

there might be hope yet - they took the money and the order is still showing in my transactions and it looks like it's on hold rather than cancelled. I'll be calling them tomorrow morning....

PreCocious wrote: »
    In my case I received the dispatch email yesterday and the item today. I ordered it on Sunday.

It was the day after. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

I received my Home Max this morning. It looks and sounds great.

However my first disappointment was that Deezer, which I subscribe to and which is listed on the website as available, is not in fact available in Ireland.

Home Max says: "I'm afraid Deezer is not available in your country".

Oh Well!

ablelocks wrote: »
    there might be hope yet - they took the money and the order is still showing in my transactions and it looks like it's on hold rather than cancelled. I'll be calling them tomorrow morning....

Nope

Computer says no, they can’t change the address manually and won’t fulfill the order

My first and only interactionwith Littlewoods - I’d hate to have to work for them there’s no leeway for the employees to use common sense and their own initiative. Very unsatisfactory customer experience....

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Got one from UK google store (£199) via Parcel Motel. Delighted.....Quality kit, Quality sound but not worth 399 sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Not as good a deal as above but I saw FNAC selling them for €299 in Charles de Gaulle airport last Monday in case anyone who's passing through wants to get one.

Advertisement