Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry Dash cost v Acrylic Render

Options
  • 01-03-2019 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Can any plasterers tell me if dry (pebble dash) is more expensive than acrylic render finish. I am getting external insulation on my semi detached house (front, side and rear) and plasterer is looking for addtional 1600 (before VAT) to dry dash over price to complete in acrylic render. I have no way to look for additional prices as I am going through Wamer Home Scheme and plasterer has been assigned. My house is currently finished in dry dash and I want it to look the same after the job as rear extension which will be pumped and garden walls are dry dashed. Apparently acrylic render is the standard finish on Warmer Homes Scheme and if you want dry dash finish you need to agree price for this extra direclty with sub contractor.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Can any plasterers tell me if dry (pebble dash) is more expensive than acrylic render finish. I am getting external insulation on my semi detached house (front, side and rear) and plasterer is looking for addtional 1600 (before VAT) to dry dash over price to complete in acrylic render. I have no way to look for additional prices as I am going through Wamer Home Scheme and plasterer has been assigned. My house is currently finished in dry dash and I want it to look the same after the job as rear extension which will be pumped and garden walls are dry dashed. Apparently acrylic render is the standard finish on Warmer Homes Scheme and if you want dry dash finish you need to agree price for this extra direclty with sub contractor.

I've no idea whether or not, but just wondering can you dry dash external insulation? Like, an acrylic render is a thin, light coat. I would have though pebble dash would be an enormous weight to be hanging onto the underlying structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I've no idea whether or not, but just wondering can you dry dash external insulation? Like, an acrylic render is a thin, light coat. I would have though pebble dash would be an enormous weight to be hanging onto the underlying structure.

In addition, dash wont like being banged with a ball etc against EWI substrate

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement