Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Student Accommodation NUIG

Options
  • 28-02-2019 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Spent hours last week trying to get Corrib accommodation but could only manage to get on the waiting list... So now I’ve to book somewhere incase I don’t get a place in Corrib.
    The main places I’m thinking of are
    Gort na Coiribe
    Amhra house
    Menlo Park apartments (only twin left)
    If anyone has a bit of info on them all that’d be great or any other apartments you’d recommend.... thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

What info do you want on the places?
    Look in the threads here as most info already posted and not much new can be said

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

gort na coiribe did a lottery this week and anybody who wasn't successful (such as my daughter) is on the waiting list.
    cuirt na coiribe I had to send a cheque for €300 and will know in May whether successful or not.
    on the waitlist for both corrib and goldcrest but her preference is for one of the 2 above.
    Dunáras has availability and looks ok but it's quite a distance from the university. maybe a 20 minute walk if you're fast, it wouldn't bother me personally. they have a shuttle bus at certain times. it's well located for supermarkets and fast food.
    all seem to be in the region of €6000 a year for a single room, give or take a few hundred, when you factor in utility bills etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Upthewalls1

@julyjane is it possible to try for bothe Corrib and Goldcrest? Dont you have to give the CAO number so you can only apply for one? Maybe I am wrong. Looking into this now as applications are open for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

I don't think so I think you need to apply for one or the other? I haven't looked at the website since last year my daughter got into Gort na Coiribe in the end and is very happy there, Tesco, Dunnes etc across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

julyjane wrote: »
    gort na coiribe did a lottery this week and anybody who wasn't successful (such as my daughter) is on the waiting list.
    cuirt na coiribe I had to send a cheque for €300 and will know in May whether successful or not.
    on the waitlist for both corrib and goldcrest but her preference is for one of the 2 above.
    Dunáras has availability and looks ok but it's quite a distance from the university. maybe a 20 minute walk if you're fast, it wouldn't bother me personally. they have a shuttle bus at certain times. it's well located for supermarkets and fast food.
    all seem to be in the region of €6000 a year for a single room, give or take a few hundred, when you factor in utility bills etc.

They dont know if they got a place until the 18th march in Gort
    was your daughter informed that she didnt get a place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 NaiveTeen

Im hoping to do Computer Science in NUI next year. Do first year students tend to live in Gort or Cuirt na Coiribe? Or are they all pretty much in Corrib Village/Golden Crest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

NaiveTeen wrote: »
    Im hoping to do Computer Science in NUI next year. Do first year students tend to live in Gort or Cuirt na Coiribe? Or are they all pretty much in Corrib Village/Golden Crest?

You can live anywhere you want but yes most 1st years do opt for corrib village/goldcrest

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

NaiveTeen wrote: »
    Wherever they can get a place considering the issues with getting accommodation of any kind in the city.

Advertisement