Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitten when walk on lawn

Options
  • 27-02-2019 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi,

Hoping someone can helo,.

Everytime I walk on the grass in our backgarden I get bitten, not sure by what but I assume some sort of mites.

Not sure if it's related or not but the grass isn't growing as normal grass. It's kind of growing in tuft's, like weeds but not the usual ones. This growth started last year and seems to be spreading.

Anyone any ideas?
    Am I best to dig it up and start again? If so, what is the best way to go about this? (Total newbie here 😬)

Have young kids so need to sort it so they can be in the garden over the summer without being bitten .

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Few pictures will "bitten out " the few guesses in thousands of words... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Cut the grass shorter.
    Catch the insect next time, and have a look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

not to be alarmists but
    get yourself checked out asap for lymes disease

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭beachhead

Weeds taking over is not unexpected.Do you have any cats or dogs or other animals in the home.Any animals accessing your garden.Any rubbish building up-could be a small thing like newspaper or decaying vegetable,vegatation attracting insects

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I second the lyme disease advice.

Confirm they're not tics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭emz8

fergus1001 wrote: »
    not to be alarmists but
    get yourself checked out asap for lymes disease

Yikes.

It looks just like a regular bite as opposed to the 'bullseye' bite from Lyme's.
    No other symptoms or anything. Would a doctor see me just for a bite?

beachhead wrote: »
    Weeds taking over is not unexpected.Do you have any cats or dogs or other animals in the home.Any animals accessing your garden.Any rubbish building up-could be a small thing like newspaper or decaying vegetable,vegatation attracting insects

We don't have any pets but our neighbors cats are often passing through the garden. No rubbish building up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

emz8 wrote:
    It looks just like a regular bite as opposed to the 'bullseye' bite from Lyme's. No other symptoms or anything. Would a doctor see me just for a bite?

yes a doctor will, you say this started over a year ago so best to get tested because you don't know if it was a tic or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

You'd see the ticks buried in you. They'd happily stick in you for a couple of days.
    Cat fleas aren't fussy about what they bite. They're harder to spot as they zip about the place.

fergus1001 wrote: »
    yes a doctor will, you say this started over a year ago so best to get tested because you don't know if it was a tic or not

You are right! Better to be checked.
    Will keep the kids off the grass too.
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement