Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Cork?

Options
  • 27-02-2019 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi! I'm from Dublin and may need to move to Cork for a job soon. It'll be near Cork airport. I'll be driving and don't mind driving 20-30 mins for a commute. In Dublin my idea areas would be Ranelagh, Drumcondra, Clontarf etc, places relatively close to town with some shops and cafes nearby. I'll be living alone so a 1 bed apartment would be fine. I'm open to being in the city or a suburb but I don't want to be in an isolated area as I will be alone.

Budget wise I was hoping not to go above 1200 but could push it a bit further if I had to. Can anyone suggest whereabouts I should look? Also is Daft the most commonly used site there same as in Dublin?

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭CoffeeBean2

Douglas, Rochestown, Grange, Frankfield, Donnybrook, Wilton. Most places on the south side of the city would be fine, you could even live in Carrigaline if you are working in the airport business park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

For the airport, try Kinsale or Belgooly area. Kinsale is gorgeous, seaside resort, but will be more expensive. Belgooly is a small residential town between airport and Kinsale.

For towards the city direction, you will be better off on the Southside, as the airport is south of the river. Try Douglas, or carrigaline , both large Subarbs.

More towards the city, Togher, Wilton and the Lough would be closest on that side... Wilton and togher can be a lot of student accomadation. The lough is grand, but wouldn’t be as posh as douglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭lalababa

Kinsale is bout 10miles and would have a few cafes. Closest city suburbs are togher Wilton ballyphehane the Lough also Grange Frankfield. Most other Southside areas could be a slight traffic Hazzard depending on times of work. Douglas would have a couple of cafes but cork city centre would be where it's at for cafes, so close areas as mentioned above,would be just south of city centre , Google map time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Babylegs

Really appreciate that, you've all given me loads to go on. Thanks so much

Advertisement