Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone TV and BB Offering

Options
  • 27-02-2019 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭

Vodafone are delivering 1Gb internet to my house in the coming weeks or months, the work is currently underway and the workers are laying the cable. Currently I have Virgins 360Mb TV, Phone and BB at €115 a month. Vodafone offers better internet and similar TV options to what I have at a lower cost, even after the introductory offer elapses after 6 months.
    • Has anyone any experience with the Vodafone Modem/Router, how is it?
    • What's their set top box like, the Horizon is pretty crappy so it could be an upgrade
    • Have I missed anything on the TV channel front that I may lose in the switch, it seems to have all the main channels I'd use?
    • How's their customer service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 nr3

Inquitus wrote: »
    Vodafone are delivering 1Gb internet to my house in the coming weeks or months, the work is currently underway and the workers are laying the cable. Currently I have Virgins 360Mb TV, Phone and BB at €115 a month. Vodafone offers better internet and similar TV options to what I have at a lower cost, even after the introductory offer elapses after 6 months.
    • Has anyone any experience with the Vodafone Modem/Router, how is it?
    • What's their set top box like, the Horizon is pretty crappy so it could be an upgrade
    • Have I missed anything on the TV channel front that I may lose in the switch, it seems to have all the main channels I'd use?
    • How's their customer service?

Yup. The gigabox is good. It's fast and works well. Doesn't have a huge amount of configurable options if you need them. (most don't)
    Set top box is much faster than the horizon box and apart from a very annoying volume drop and then fade up when changing channels is really good.
    The channels I watch are all there, but not in HD on the base package
    Not had anything to do with customer service so can't report on them.

The gigabit internet is quick and latency low but you won't get the full bandwidth unless you're on an ethernet cable and running a linux laptop.. Odd but there you go. Best I've had out of a windows laptop is 600mb.
    There's no WiFi device that'll do a gigabit currently.

I don't miss Virgin at all - way overpriced and that horizon box.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Check the detail of the inter net speed they are selling 150MB under a banner of GB they also have a true GB package check the fine print

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Siberian Husky

nr3 wrote: »
    Best I've had out of a windows laptop is 600mb.

WTF??

Advertisement