Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed

Options
  • 27-02-2019 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

My parents recently had a rescue dog stolen.
    The dog was an outdoor dog/farm dog.(jack russell breed)
    She went for a daily walk and must have been picked up along the road 2 months ago.
    We have got word that the dog was spotted 90kms away from our house.
    The friend saw the dog in a van, called her name and she responded and wanted to get out.
    He is sure it is my parents dog.
    He has told us where and when he saw the dog at a monthly market where the dog was in the company of individuals who sell tools. The market is due to take place this week.

I am looking for advice:
    How will we try and get the dog back?
    The dog was not microchipped. :( so no proof
    We probably would have been better off not knowing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Did she go for a daily walk on her own?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

So the rescue dog was an outdoor dog, that could wander/stray at will. She wasnt microchipped. She was picked up on the road while she was wandering on her own. Now you have found out that someone found her and has presumably rehomed her (if the dog was in someones van, they care enough to bring her with them when they are driving - was the dog in good shape?) . You could approach this person and tell them that its your lost dog. You have no proof though? Have you got some photos of the dog? Technically/legally this dog is your dog if it hasnt gone though the county pound system (5 days in the pound) If the dog is in good shape and seems cared for, and the new owners seem to be decent, they might give the dog to you... or they might not as you have no proof... If the dog is in good condition and cared for, you might be better to leave her in the care of her new owners??

I know that if someone came to me when I rehomed a dog I found straying, and they had no proof that he was theirs, I would not have just handed him back to them (in my case, the dog was in a bad way when I found him)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blueberrypie

We live in a rural area down a lane.
    She liked to go for walks over to my house as I live over the road from my parents.

Yes we have pictures and can identify markings where she was spayed.

She wears a collar. She was in good health and well looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Reading between the lines of what you have written my guess is the most straightforward way to get your dog back is to buy it back at the market.

Advertisement