Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2004 Golf - back middle seat belt not open

Options
  • 27-02-2019 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

hi i have an NCT to complete and the back middle seat belt is stuck & will not open if I pull it.. Any ideas on how to free it ? I think it has just rolled in too much and now will not release .... Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

Any ideas on this please...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Aye had a few tight ones in and had to remove.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

I'm not sure I can take belt out as it is in the middle of the back seat that folds over - I will try tonight - but seems really closed and unable to get in to remove the bolts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

harry999 wrote: »
    I'm not sure I can take belt out as it is in the middle of the back seat that folds over - I will try tonight - but seems really closed and unable to get in to remove the bolts.

You'll figure it out .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Had the same problem with the middle rear seat belt because of lack of use,NCT tester was going to fail the car but said he,d give me 10 mins to try to get it working.I grabbed the belt and gave it a few tugs at all differant angles some easy some harder and i started to get a bit of free play, it started to release a short bit so i let it retract and then slowly pulled it out a good bit and gave it a few sharp hard tugs.Slowly let it retract and stopped every few inches giving it a few good snappy tugs and was fine after that and passed the NCT,hope that helps ..

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭hughie1989

You need to release the back of the seat (as if you wanted to fold it flat) and then close it with a nice sharp shove. The impact should release the belt. Its a built in safety mechanism in the seat.

Advertisement