Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Struggling

Options
  • 25-02-2019 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

After a very tough few years at work, I am at burnout. The last year has been incredibly difficult at work, due to a variety of factors.

I need time off, both mentally and physically.

I am worried about taking time off for a few reasons

1. My other half and I are in the process of buying a house, I am worried that if I take time off sick during these few weeks that I will have to explain it to the bank when we wish to draw down the mortgage, in terms of my payslip (I don't get paid sick leave)
    2 We are also worried that if I am out sick during these few weeks for either stress or exhaustion that it could effect my ability to get mortgage protection insurance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Houses will be a plenty as will the opportunity to get back a steady flow of unbroken pay cheques,your mental health and well being if a breakdown occurs, well that's a whole different ball game.

Mind yourself, the rest will work itself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Have you tried your best to address the issues causing the burnout?
    Are you getting time to yourself to relax / recharge?
    Are you eating well?
    Can you talk to your boss / partner how to tackle these issues?
    Do you have any breaks planned?

Taking a break might seem like a great idea, but what happens after?

I think your first point of call should be your GP to be honest.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

you need to speak to your gp and if you can, your boss.
    no job is worth getting stressed over.
    i realise you're in the middle of house purchase/mortgage etc but if you get sick to the point where you would need to be hospitalized, what will happen then?

Advertisement