Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get rid of moss in between Patton paving slabs.

Options
  • 25-02-2019 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all
    We got our patio laid down less than a year ago. The joints are filled with patio sand and then the whole lot was sprayed twice with a patio sealer. (Picseal block paving sealer).
    The problem I’m having is that moss has moved in between the pavers in the joints. It’s starting to discolour the pavers a dark green colour on the pavers beveled edge. I was thinking of power washing, but that’ll blow the sand out of the joints and I’ll have to resand when the pavers are 100% dry. That’s a job for later in the year when we should have a few consecutive days of dry hot weather.
    I’m wary of using chemicals as I don’t wanna discolour the pavers.
    I have a scrubbing brush, but it’s a biggish patio and the brush isn’t great at getting rid of the green colour.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

I use Formil non-bio washing powder from Lidl, diluted with warm water and put it a weed sprayer. Give all the moss a good soak, within a few days it will all turn brown, you can then brush it off.

Woodies sell a long handle wire brush which has a handy spike on the flip side of it if you need to scrape out between joints.

https://www.woodies.ie/yardsmith-long-handle-patio-brush-606611-1123051

This literally works on everything, we use it on brick, cobble lock paving, wood etc..

Advertisement