Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 208 2019

Options
  • 25-02-2019 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

Peugeot has just unveiled the new Peugeot 208 (2019) ahead of next months Geneva Motor Show. Powered by petrol, diesel and electric.

Should be on sale here this time next year.

AutoExpress have an article here

peugeot-208-leak-i.jpg?width=1024

01_48.jpg?itok=P8OGGD3E

02_48.jpg?itok=J7nqghge

03_47.jpg?itok=0MZ7ePGt

04_48.jpg?itok=5HicdaAr

09_43.jpg?itok=iYPDQlQ1

10_40.jpg?itok=BnUyvLMx

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sow that in autocar website when it leaked. I like it a lot. French are miles ahead of Germans in making very nice interiors and very nice looking cars.

Will be interesting to see GTI version of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Taaasty lawd

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

I must say, that is a nice looking car. Peugeot are really on a roll at the minute, some of the best designs on the market. Still not sure if I'd buy one though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Is it just me, or do the rear doors look completely squashed in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,608 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Hard to tell from the photos, but it certainly looks tiny in the rear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Philb76

Looks good like most of there model's these days always had a soft spot for Peugeot then they had a terrible 10 to 15 years and were being forgotten definitely back in fashion again

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Yeah, I agree, looking from the side, the two door handles look very close to each other, but it still looks great. Probably will sell like hot buns too... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

The outside is nice but the interior is much too space age for my liking. No matter how many subtle hints they put in to remind you of a 205 its will compare.

A pity there is no crowd making 205s under license in some place outside the EU without all the regulations

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I wonder how much the electric one will cost here. Probably close to 40k

I wonder how much the electric one will cost here. Probably close to 40k

I was wondering that too, but 40k is high, the Hyundai Kona electric is €37,630 here, and the Kona has a bigger range of 449km. The electric 208 will have approx 340km range so I think it will be about 30k, but it really depends on the spec and what spec we will get here.

Will we get the e208 in Active, Allure, GT-Line and GT? what could happen is, it's only available in say GT-Line and GT spec, well had your right, it's going to be 40k-ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

In the UK they're only selling the electric version in the top specs anyway. I'd imagine it will be similar enough here, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Ugly car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I think it's cracker. Antithesis to the bland, cookie cutter Germans and increasingly bland Koreans.

Nice nod to the 205 in the C pillar. Those oversized door handles are bit of a carbuncle though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Any updates from anyone else who bought a new 508? I still haven't seen very many around yet but am thinking about going for one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PN14

Still see very few of these on the roads so I'll Update on my wheels 508 allure 1.5 hdi while you are waiting for anyone else to drop in.

almost 15,000 kms up on her now

Very happy with the car. Still find the drop from the lowdown torque available in my previous 2.2 ltr diesel in Mazda 6 to the 1.5hdi. This was to be expected. No issue with responsiveness of the 1.5 once your in the right gear but drop out of the correct power range and you have to shift the gear lever. For a fairer comparison my OH has a 1.5 diesel in Mondeo guise and I'd say it would be hard to split them (I don't drive the Mondeo that often to really comment in more detail)

With regards comfort absolutely no complaints from me or any passenger and I have clocked up a few decent 6hr plus days at the wheel. Car rides well is good to handle on any twisty stuff (actually came over the Wicklow mountains from Wicklow to Kildare last week and really enjoyed the spin some nice roads there on a good day). Car is also quiet inside really blocks out road noise, way ahead of the Mazda 6 (161) in that regard. Probably not as good as the Mondeo in this regard but the Mondeo is eerily quiet inside it on the road.

Have enough driving done now to properly comment on fuel usage. Its much more efficient than the 6 but again smaller engine and down on HP. Clock computer has average to date of 5.3l/100km. I always keep Trip 2 on the car as cumulative journey. Last couple of fills averaging 5.2 ltr/100kms. Brim to Brim tests are pretty much matching this. 50 ltr tank but will take 52/53 if its on fumes. Get around the 1000kms per tank bit more if all long spins bit less if its a lot of stop start stuff but generally in the 950 to 1050 range. So 54mpg in old school stuff. The mazda 6 was nearer 45mpg in comparison

Infotainment center was easy enough to pick up. Simple hook up to android auto and apple car play for the OH. Digital dash was nice toy for a few weeks and a nice thing to show any new comer looking at the car but really I just leave it on the one screen all the time now. Sat nav on both screens is nice to have though. Standard sat nav is decent enough stuggles to find some address and its effort to read road signs in Ireland the young ones get a great laugh out of.

Still rare on roads and it consistently gets admiring looks and comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Good review thanks.

I'm thinking of trading in my 508 diesel and getting the new model but I see that most (9 out of 12) of the new engine variants are also diesel. Doesn't look like Peugeot are moving away from diesel anytime soon.

nc6000 wrote: »
    Good review thanks.

I'm thinking of trading in my 508 diesel and getting the new model but I see that most (9 out of 12) of the new engine variants are also diesel. Doesn't look like Peugeot are moving away from diesel anytime soon.

That is true, however Peugeot was probably well into the development of the 508 and their new 1.5L and 2.0L BlueHDi engines when the news of the Volkswagen emissions scandal broke back in 2015, which has really changed the views of people on diesel engines.

It is odd that Peugeot don't have the 1.6L Puretech 180hp petrol engine on the entry level model the (Active) here in Ireland or even in the UK, as it is available in France.

There is a 508 Petrol Hybrid to come later this year with approx 300hp, no prices yet, but earlier this month the Irish Independent had an article on the Opel Grandland X Hybrid which the 508 would share the same hybrid system and engine, in the article the Grandland X Hybrid SC model (which is the entry level model) is expected to be about €36,500, Now the current range of the Grandland X don't have the 1.6L petrol engine, it's got the 1.2L petrol engine, so it's hard to compare prices. So maybe the 508 Hybrid will be available in the full range (Active, Allure, GTline and GT).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,133 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Seen one in the flesh for the 1st time yesterday.

Lovely looking motor it has to be said.

Here's a good video of the new 208 from last week - titled "NEW 2020 PEUGEOT 208 - FIRST ON UK SOIL WALKTHROUGH WITH PRODUCT MANAGER"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Agreed although it was interesting on the Pistonheads forum people giving out about the 508 GT interior. I think it looks amazing esp in the top trim levels.

I keep sitting in them and coming away with a different opinion. I keep thinking of a big Lug saloon and being disappointed but then remembering it's meant to be sporty upon which time I like it again.

Some more details on the Peugeot 508 SW (here) which was officially launched there, so it shouldn't be too long before it's out here too.

Link:
    https://www.carscoops.com/2019/06/2019-peugeot-508-sw-on-sale-in-the-uk-in-four-grades-starts-at-26845/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

508 has my eye, the GT petrol, for next year. Anyone experience of discounts?

Frontrunner is the new MB CLA 250. Likely a bit less practical, but similar list price and I would rarely have back seat passengers.

Both look great exterior and interior. I'd go MB if they end up similar money once I'd have quotes.

I feel like the 508 is overpriced, but it is good looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Saw a new 508SW in the wild as such in France 3 weeks ago

485384.JPG

Advertisement