Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Week's Top Five Queries (18.02.2019 - 24.02.2019)

Options
  • 25-02-2019 12:40pm
    Company Representative Posts: 254 Verified rep

1. I looked in my meter box and discovered that it was full of water. Can you help?

It can be normal for some surface water to accumulate near the bottom of the meter, however the level of the water should never exceed the height of the meter. 

Would you mind sending a PM with the below information and we can arrange for this matter to be investigated:

- Name;
    - Address; and
    - Contact number.

2. There seems to be a blockage in the area where the water meter was installed. What can IW do to help?

Would you mind sending a PM with the following details and we can look into this:

- Name;
    - Address; and
    - Contact number.

3. The Internal Stop Valve in my house has seized. Can I temporarily disconnect the supply at the meter outside my property because I have an internal leak?

To turn off your supply from the public mains to your property, you can switch your supply off using the outside stop valve located in your meter box when safe to do so. Once the works are complete you can turn back on your supply, as the outside stop valve is on publicly accessible land.

4. We have very low water pressure in the cold kitchen tap. Can you please help?

If you send a PM with the following details, we can look into this:

- Your full name;
    - Full address;
    - Contact number;
    - If this affects your cold, kitchen tap;
    - If your neighbours are affected; and
    - When this first began.

5. I’m experiencing issues with the supply and service map on your website. Is it down?

Please explain the steps you are taking and send a screenshot of the issues you are encountering, and we can look into this with our IT Department.

Advertisement