Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Look keo blade pedals....

Options
  • 25-02-2019 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

looking at a set of carbon pedals, are these worth the money?
    No interest in going to shimano or speedplay at this stage.
    Anyone know where I can get the above on offer?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭secman

Just to say I had a pair of these and had trouble with the blade disengaging, happened 3 times, but CSS refunded the cost and I went back to spring loaded ones, as they never gave me trouble. CSS are agent for Look and they did say my experience was the exception, but it did ruin 3 spins on me, lost confidence in them tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

secman wrote: »
    Just to say I had a pair of these and had trouble with the blade disengaging, happened 3 times, but CSS refunded the cost and I went back to spring loaded ones, as they never gave me trouble. CSS are agent for Look and they did say my experience was the exception, but it did ruin 3 spins on me, lost confidence in them tbh.

I've only used them very briefly and found them fine, didnt notice a difference.
    Main concern is if they are worth the extra money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Id an issue with mine too after about 10 months useage. Blade just lost its tension and I was clipping out far too easily. Went back to the classics myself. CRC did advise they'd take back on warranty but I never bother, id gotten them for next to nothing in a big sale the year before

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

terrydel wrote: »
    I've only used them very briefly and found them fine, didnt notice a difference.

My biggest concern would be the extra money is the first thing to hit the ground in the event of a spill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

I switched away from Look last year (didnt suit my gait) have you any interest in a 2nd hand set?
    Can send you pics if you are interested?
    Pm me your phone number....
    let me check what versions they are...

• Advertisement

I switched away from Look last year (didnt suit my gait) have you any interest in a 2nd hand set?

I've seen your gait, throwing shapes all over the shop, Nudge :)

secman wrote: »
    I've seen your gait, throwing shapes all over the shop, Nudge :)

:D What happens on a spin stays on the spin Secman!

terrydel wrote: »

At our level , the gain on weight saved would be negligible id say. I didnt notice any difference between the two on spins, bar I didn't have to worry every time I clipped and unclipped that the blade would ping out .

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,625 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Miklos wrote: »
    My biggest concern would be the extra money is the first thing to hit the ground in the event of a spill.
    I should be so lucky:pac:

Anyway, they are available for £80 from Decathlon's UK site

I've got them and never had an issue (picked a pair up second hand from someone via the Adverts sub-forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,321 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i usually buy the look blades for abround 50 euro from cyclesuperstore in there sales.
    had the resin break away where the front of the cleat sits on one pair, otherwise the bearings give out after a cople of year

which considering i have a pair of look pp66 from 30 years ago is a little disappointing

• Advertisement

Probably not but appreciate the offer.
    Its a new bike, I doubt I'll ever buy a better one, so looking for shiny new ones :)

Sin_26 your pm box is full lad trying to respond...Pm me your number i will send you pictures later..

What machine did you buy Terrydel?

Sin_26 your pm box is full lad trying to respond...Pm me your number i will send you pictures later..

What machine did you buy Terrydel?

Orbea Orca m20i disc. Went with the myo custom paint option. Ordered mid december, I knew it would take til mid-late feb but its been pushed out further for a few weeks.

Advertisement