Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headphones while cycling, new product, worth a look.

Options
  • 25-02-2019 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

While I was never an advocate of using headphones while cycling I picked up a set of these recently.

https://www.plantronics.com/hk/en/product/backbeat-fit-3100

Using "Always Aware Eartips" they don't actually sit in the ear canal but on the outside of the canal and channel sound in. You can hear cars coming from behind perfectly and IMO theres not much difference between wearing these and none at all.

I do notice when in heavy traffic theres so much sound coming in from outside that the music becomes background noise. For me they work better on rides in the countryside.

For those of you who wear over ear or in ear audio while cycling they're worth a look.

Obviously the safest option is none at all.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement