Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite swing ever (pref with video) - please do not quote videos

Options
  • 24-02-2019 7:05pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So for the favourite golfer ever I went with Tiger and Padraig but they are nowhere near my favorite swing ever...

For a while it was Freddie Couples but now it's Louis Oosthuizen, just so compact, crisp and effortless

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭joxer1988

Something about the South African lads!

I like watching Rory's swing too, but I prefer the Big Easy by a fraction:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Its Louis for me as well. The generation of power, effortless power, from the ground up is just superb.

Rory generates his power in the same way and I think that's why everyone loves looking at their swings. A joy to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Have to say I'm a big fan of Adam Scott's swing. Its kind of depressingly perfect. Have heard it referred to as Golf Pr0n by many

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭thegolfer

All nice swings, but the swing pros benchmark themselves from.

https://youtu.be/E1LM7h5hXIY

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Faldo. It's a Hoganesque swing, more controlled, smoother than Hogan's whip fast swing.

Keeping the back to the target for as long as possible, then 'dropping' the right elbow into your right pocket before accelerating through impact with a full rotation of the hips; belt buckle pointing at the target.

That's all I try to think about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Of the current players, I'd go for Oosthuizen too. Everything just looks perfect(to me).

I loved Faldo's swing - even his mk1 "willowy" swing :) Around 1990 it though it was perfection(again, to me :))

Not fan of most of the current world's top 10 players' swings.

(On a side note, I never liked Ernie's swing :o Most people ooh and ah about it but I always found it boring. I like his short game actions)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jim Furyk all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

of the players I saw live it has to be Seve

Magical swing .

Interestingly I know a low handicapper ( plays of 2 ) who has to look away when Bradley Dredge swings because he can't stand to see his swing ....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Davidth88 wrote: »
    of the players I saw live it has to be Seve

Magical swing .

Interestingly I know a low handicapper ( plays of 2 ) who has to look away when Bradley Dredge swings because he can't stand to see his swing ....

or Keegan Bradley, must be something in the name...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Average golfer but the smoothest swing I've seen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement