Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Connect & Strava sync issues

Options
  • 24-02-2019 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭

Anybody else having problems syncing their cycles from Garmin to Strava. It use to work perfectly for me, but stopped in the last few weeks.

My cycles uploads to my phone from my Garnin 520 via Bluetooth with no issues, but doesn’t sync anymore to Strava. I deleted both apps on my iPhone and reinstalled them. Now when I try to connect my Garmin connect account to Strava it keeps saying after I select “authorize” it opens the Strava App and says “Your session expired, please log in again”. Even though I am logged in as I can see my name

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Strava and Garmin went down last week, sounds like Garmin may still be fubar.
    anyone else had issues with strava this morning?
    Boscoirl wrote: »
    Yup, uploaded my ride but couldn’t edit it. Kept timing out in the app. Eventually was able to edit it on the website

Veloviewer wasn’t able to access it and haven’t got a mail to say relive has uploaded.
    didn't transfer across from garmin to strava for me, i just had to export it from garmin connect and import it to strava.
    secman wrote: »
    Yep, kept getting "data sync problem " message, I even deleted the app and reloaded it. Jeez I even sent an email to broadband provider complaining, as it happened last weekend too , oops !
    ED E wrote: »
    This page may be of use to you
    http://status.strava.com/

#Wahooligan #BetterWithWahoo

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

I hated Garmin when I had one, actually two, i switched to Wahoo and there hasn't been a problem with uploads, sync, route sync etc. Its very much fit and forget about it, hit stop, and within a few seconds its on Strava. If you're in the market for an upgrade/change then consider it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Garmin 1030 is syncing fine over the phone. Only time it doesn't is because of an issue with Bluetooth with Moto G3 phones.

510 stopped syncing ages ago.

Wouldn't sync last weekend, but problem sorted itself out during the week.
    Yesterday, disappointed, after busting my gut on the bike, while it did sync, not of the achievements showed up.
    the little icon with the spanner seems to have disappeared,
    any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wouldn't sync last weekend, but problem sorted itself out during the week.
    Yesterday, disappointed, after busting my gut on the bike, while it did sync, not of the achievements showed up.
    the little icon with the spanner seems to have disappeared,
    any ideas?

Use the website, three dots, refresh activity achievements.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Use the website, three dots, refresh activity achievements.
    yep, tried that, didn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Takca

yep, tried that, didn't work

Would the wrong sport or ride type be on the activity by any chance?

Advertisement