Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Councillors advertising themselves

Options
  • 23-02-2019 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Are county councillors allowed put posters up on the poles, with their beaming faces, advertising their 'clinics' for getting back to work, or claiming tax allowances or discussions on this that and the other?
    I thought they were only allowed put posters up during elections.
    There is one councillor who puts posters up for about a fortnight every 3 months or so. No one else seems to do it. I don't know if they can and aren't bothered or if this person is being clever, grooming us all for when voting time comes around again.
    It's because I don't see posters from any other councillors that I wonder if it is allowed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Posters for meetings are allowed outside of electoral times. Quite irritating however

• Registered Users Posts: 14,754 ✭✭✭✭elperello

It's a loophole and they are using it.
    I know one county where they sent out a truck and picked up signs wishing the county team all the best in the all Ireland and councillors from that council are putting up these "meeting" posters now.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Thank you, it's allowed then.
    Good marketing, I'll say.

Advertisement