Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Movie rentals - virgin media

Options
  • 23-02-2019 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Can't see it posted anywhere but seems that as they're sponsoring DIFF this year they're giving free film rentals for the weekend.

To be honest this feels to good to be true so I could end up with a surprise on my bill but we'll wait and see

https://www.virginmedia.ie/watch-and-play/movies/free-movies/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,029 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I keep getting error 8015 when I try to access on demand. Apparently it's an ongoing issue :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Cheers OP, works grand for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

murphm45 wrote: »
    Can't see it posted anywhere but seems that as they're sponsoring DIFF this year they're giving free film rentals for the weekend.

To be honest this feels to good to be true so I could end up with a surprise on my bill but we'll wait and see

https://www.virginmedia.ie/watch-and-play/movies/free-movies/

A free movie rental is too good to be true? Keep those expectations low my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Absolute dross available anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Absolute dross available anyhow.

- Don't agree - a good few films but hurry not long left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Delta2113 wrote: »
    - Don't agree - a good few films but hurry not long left.

Care to elaborate by naming some of these films. Watched Blackkklansman last night. How did that get an oscar nomination? No more than an awkward look at racial turmoil in the 70s for simple minds. Denzil Washingtons son in the lead role can't even act. And that seemed to be the pick of the ones available.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I found the selection of movies to be extremely poor. I went into "New" and Babe was on the list! Dont get me wrong, its nice to have an option of some free videos, but it honestly felt like a list of bootleg DVDs, youd get for €10 for 25 movies.

antodeco wrote: »
    I found the selection of movies to be extremely poor. I went into "New" and Babe was on the list! Dont get me wrong, its nice to have an option of some free videos, but it honestly felt like a list of bootleg DVDs, youd get for €10 for 25 movies.

In the end I watched Room, Sicario 2, You Were Never Really Here, American Animals and Nocturnal People. Made being stuck in with the flu a bit more bearable.

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Care to elaborate by naming some of these films. Watched Blackkklansman last night. How did that get an oscar nomination? No more than an awkward look at racial turmoil in the 70s for simple minds. Denzil Washingtons son in the lead role can't even act. And that seemed to be the pick of the ones available.

Did Virgin Media produce this film or something? Nonsensical ranting if not. Free films and people still moan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

showing error

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

showing error

Ended last night.

Advertisement