Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 9 | Episode 11 | Bounty [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 23-02-2019 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

The Walking Dead - Season 9

Episode 11 - "Bounty"

Airdate - February 24th on AMC at 9/8c | February 25th on FOX UK at 9PM

The savage group led by Alpha confronts the Hilltop in a harrowing attempt to retrieve her daughter. A supply run for the Kingdom turns into a dangerous quest.

Promo

Sneak Peek

How did you rate this episode? 23 votes

0%
    0%
    0%
    26%
    Sudden Valley8mvbrianregan09foozzybear61downesy[Deleted User] 6 votes
    26%
    geeceeNUTZZduffysfarmOkongreenwavingnannerby 6 votes
    21%
    FreudianSlippersw/s/p/c/Parkman77Foreign SportsMac B 5 votes
    13%
    Darth MelkorZadkielCiaranW 3 votes
    8%
    peterobrien100fritzelly 2 votes
    4%
    katiek102010 1 vote
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

part way through this episode and is good so far. Bit off top topic but have we heard anything about ocean side since the show came back this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Well that was a bit of a damp squib

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

fritzelly wrote: »
    Well that was a bit of a damp squib
    Thanks for that update. Not watched since the return and planning to do them in one batch. Firmly convinced it's absolutely run its course at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭ebbsy

With this material these episodes should be a lot better.

The last few episodes they have gone back to filler bits and pieces again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Jesus I fooking hate Henry. Enjoyed the episode well enough, thought the scene
    with the baby was well handled and tense
    . It's nowhere near the level of earlier seasons but is better than the last few. The teasing about what went on post Rick is interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

From Forbes;
    'The Walking Dead' Is Doing Something Unique With The Whisperers

The Walking Dead is on a quality upswing the likes of which I cannot remember another show ever experiencing as late as season 9, but the more I watch of this season, Angela Kang’s inaugural, the more I believe the show could actually be reaching an overall quality peak, despite all its newly missing cast members.

The main reason why things are working right now is because the introduction and the arrival of the Whisperers has been absolutely perfect in almost every way. The reveal of the skin-wearing villains who killed Jesus in a surprise attack at the graveyard was the best villain introduction in series history, more so than even Negan.

Once upon a time I wondered if The Walking Dead might be better off just skipping the Whisperer comic plotline altogether as I held the (rather unpopular) opinion that it just wasn’t that great, and with Rick and Carl gone, what was the point, really?

I was wrong about that, however, and the Whisperers have been a truly terrifying enemy the likes of which the show has never seen before. Part human, part walker, and led by a total psychopath in the form of Alpha, who was a somewhat less horrific person in the comics, but seems totally messed up at her core here. In two episodes we learned that barely a month into the apocalypse she murdered her husband and has been physically abusing her daughter ever since. Last night we saw that a Whisperer showed up to the confrontation at the Hilltop with a crying baby, and her “order” was to let roaming walkers eat the baby as some sort of “survival of the fittest” show of force

Full article here

Take any review in Forbes with a large dose of salt

Take any review in Forbes with a large dose of salt

Absolutely agree, I found it interesting though since their reviews are mostly negative every week.

I do agree with their article though, on screen The Whisperers have had one of the best villain introductions and genuinely appear terrifying, more so than Negan in my opinion. (on screen)

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Absolutely agree, I found it interesting though since their reviews are mostly negative every week.

I do agree with their article though, on screen The Whisperers have had one of the best villain introductions and genuinely appear terrifying, more so than Negan in my opinion. (on screen)

Apart from the intro they have turned into a non threat, how many was there - a coupla dozen. Need to ramp up the fear factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

How the fúck this garbage is still going is beyond me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

alpha is such a hypocrite, although maybe she only took her back because she was a source of information and thus harm to her group

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

anybody watch callin mcauliffe/alden on talking dead, what is that accent, he was born in australia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MplTqClCzO4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJCpVoZnUJE but he sounds like sean connery in the talking dead clip

I loved that they were showing ‘Night Of The Living Dead’ at the movie theatre!

D0WYqRoVsAAEv0c?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Big improvement so far this season just need to kill off the king or carol.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Gave it a 6. Bit of a filler episode I thought.

The Whisperers don't seem very threatening at the moment? Judging by the amount of them they should be easily defeated, no doubt that will change. The scene with the baby and run through the field was well done.

Liked the setting at the cinema, good to change the scenery. Although with the lit up kiss between the King and Queen, I can't but help thing that its not going to end well for Ezekiel.

The less said about Henry the better, character is so bloody annoying!!!!

nannerby wrote: »
    Big improvement so far this season just need to kill off the king or carol.

Season 9 has become the highest rated season of TWD on Rotten Tomatoes with a 93% rating;
    The Walking Dead Season Nine has emerged as the highest-rated run of the show on review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes.

Its 93 percent topples Season Five, the previous series best with 89 percent, surpassing Season Three and One (both 88 percent), Season Four (83 percent), Season Two (81 percent), Season Six (77 percent), Season Eight (64 percent), and Season Seven, the lowest-rated at 63 percent “fresh.”

The rejuvenated zombie drama has benefited from longtime writer-producer Angela Kang’s transition to showrunner, taking over from five-season showrunner Scott Gimple, who exited that position following his own promotion to Walking Dead chief content officer for network AMC
    In addition to increased roles for its leading actresses and characters — Danai Gurira’s Michonne, Melissa McBride’s Carol, and Lauren Cohan’s Maggie — The Walking Dead has shifted again with the introduction of Alpha (Samantha Morton) and the Whisperers, a new breed of enemy who disguise themselves within the flesh of walkers.

“It really has different emphasis that other seasons have not, and that’s to give the audience something new,” Gimple said of the show changing hands for the first time since 2013.

Or to put it another way - only hardcore fans are bothering to watch it anymore and are scoring it high

Or to put it another way - only hardcore fans are bothering to watch it anymore and are scoring it high

In fact it's the critics score pushing the overall up, the audience score is lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Well no way as good as the early seasons but it has definitely improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think it's been very good so far this season , the weight of Rick seems to have helped maybe , I still hate big Zeke though hope he bites it pretty soon (pun intended)

• Advertisement
Advertisement