Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silk road race documentary

Options
  • 23-02-2019 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

This race is bonkers even by the standards of endurance cycling - 1720km over multiple passes above 3800m, utter wilderness, snowstorms interspersed with heatstroke, one guy sheltering in a sewer pipe to get away from golf ball sized hail. The winner has this sort of haunted look about him that looks like it's not just from fatigue. 30 odd minute documentary on Vimeo https://vimeo.com/317470522

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,959 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I enjoyed that. Hardy fcukers!

I's like to have seen the bikes in more detail before they became covered in mud. How did they keep the lights charged? They didn't look like dynamo set ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

I's like to have seen the bikes in more detail before they became covered in mud. How did they keep the lights charged? They didn't look like dynamo set ups.

Great watch... and yeah, seemed like a lot more team car than we saw on the video....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Loved that.....thanks!

Those riders were tough as nails

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Thats your holiday sorted for next year!

Great video. enjoyed it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that landscape is just phenomenal.

• Advertisement

What was the show with Ewan McGregor and his pal taking their motor bikes out that way ? I was always fascinated with that part of the world as on the map it seems like a lot of wilderness and not much civilisation.Looking at Russia even, you have very different Russians in the west in Moscow compared to the 'Far East' of Russia. Then all the diversity anywhere in-between.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Saw it last night. Recognised one of the English girls briefly shown at the start from the Transcontinental race to Istanbul in 2015. Think she had to scratch that year.

The scenery was amazing, but have been good to see some additional chats with the 2/3rd who scratched etc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

What was the show with Ewan McGregor and his pal taking their motor bikes out that way ?
    the long way round, wasn't it?

the long way round, wasn't it?

Yes, actually realised I have it on DVD so going to rewatch that during this week.

another video about the silk road - apparently there's going to be a motorway put through it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement