Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old dog 3rd party and accident insurance

Options
  • 22-02-2019 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get this? Don't understand why not if not. Age would only affect illness I would have thought

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

It should be part of your household insurance policy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

muddypaws wrote: »
    What if she is not on the premises, or right outside?

She has absconded from the garden a couple of times, and that's when she'd be at most risk of being involved in an accident.

[Obviously plan A is to prevent her getting out unsupervised before someone helpfully points that out :) ]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

What if she is not on the premises, or right outside?

She has absconded from the garden a couple of times, and that's when she'd be at most risk of being involved in an accident.

[Obviously plan A is to prevent her getting out unsupervised before someone helpfully points that out :) ]

I don't think that matters, definitely worth asking your insurer.

I don't know of any animal policy that is purely for liability, definite gap in the market if your household insurance doesn't cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

muddypaws wrote: »

Really??
    What kind of cover for a dog/cat/pet would household insurance policy cover - roughly? I never even considered that household insurance would cover anything to do with pets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

aonb wrote: »
    Really??
    What kind of cover for a dog/cat/pet would household insurance policy cover - roughly? I never even considered that household insurance would cover anything to do with pets!
    I know someone whose dog caused an accident on the road outside their house, and the house insurqnce covered it. The road outsude your house is often included in the deed though so I took that to be the reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

A dog rang into my friends car and did a thousand euros worth of damages.

Dog owners house insurance covered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

tretorn wrote: »
    A dog rang into my friends car and did a thousand euros worth of damages.

Dog owners house insurance covered it.

My 9 year old daughter on her bike ran into a speeding car on our very quiet country lane, outside our gate, did a lot of damage to her face, and a bit to the car. The car owner tried to sue us for damage to the car - we were kinda upset when she came to the door next day looking for compensation!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭davidk1394

aonb wrote: »
    Really??

If your dog attacks sheep and is proven your house insurance covers the damages.

Advertisement