Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comfortable saddle?

Options
  • 22-02-2019 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

I’d love to hear a few opinions on the most comfortable saddle to get for a road bike. The current one I have is terrible and while I don’t want to break the bank getting one comfort is far more import than weight at my stage.
    Any opinions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

The most comfortable saddle is one that is most comfortable for you.

No general rules here I'm afraid, you need to keep trying another one if not happy with the current...

But you can narrow down the search. Can you describe what exactly feels uncomfortable / which part of your bottom part hurts, and when? And also, show us the pic of what you have.

[edit]
    Erm, a picture of the saddle, to be precise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭maddness

I’m using the saddle that came on my Giant TCR. It’s hard and uncomfortable on my cheeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

maddness wrote: »
    I’m using the saddle that came on my Giant TCR. It’s hard and uncomfortable on my cheeks!
    Also the name of your sex tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭onimpulse

Some bike shops will lend you a saddle to try out which is a good way to figure out what works for you. It's really trial and error - I must have tired 10+ saddles before I found a comfortable one. (Your weight should be on your sit bones)

When I eventually found a comfortable one - I bought the same one for all my bikes and I bring it with me if going abroad and renting a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Something like this?

If only your b-cheeks hurt, no need to try saddles with the centre channels / cutouts. Look for a similar one with what you have, but with narrower/wider/better padded "wings".

• Advertisement
Advertisement