Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pakistan and India war tensions very high.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭paul71

Did not happen 2 years 7 months ago when you posted the same thing. Are you trying the scattergun approach with conspiracy theories?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The Indians actually carried out airstrikes this time. Don't see it escalating beyond that. Probably just an exercise in sabre rattling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

The Indians actually carried out airstrikes this time. Don't see it escalating beyond that. Probably just an exercise in sabre rattling.

Indians launched raids early in the morning hitting targets deep inside Pakistan territory. 12 fighter jets bombed targets. Indians claim they killed 200 militants? Pakistan claiming they will respond. There reports of skirmishes along the border. They are nuclear powers so hope they relax and not let this get out of hand. It could have been all out war last night if the Pakistan airforce shot this aircraft down.

Fair point. The Pakistani response will determine the severity of the crisis. Would be a major escalation if they shot down a jet.

Fair point. The Pakistani response will determine the severity of the crisis. Would be a major escalation if they shot down a jet.

the Pakistani response seems to be claiming a victory, as the Indian jets ran away (or the jet fighter equivalent) and jettisoned their bombs.

All nicely proven by a few pictures on twitter of trees and some dirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,607 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Nobody would care had these two numpty countries not got involved in their rediculous local nuclear arms race.

They are the actual loose canons of the nuclear world, not North Korea.

Aegir wrote: »
    the Pakistani response seems to be claiming a victory, as the Indian jets ran away (or the jet fighter equivalent) and jettisoned their bombs.

All nicely proven by a few pictures on twitter of trees and some dirt.

Indian airforce launched their missiles inside Pakistan territory. Pakistan likely trying to downplay this action.

1971, was the last time the Indian airforce targeted sites across the border.

Right now their heavy clashes along the LOC at different locations. We have to wait and see if this just more of the same.

Reports on Twitter of Pakistan and Indian fighters shot down. The situation is chaotic. Other reports one of the fighters crashed.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-india-kashmir/pakistan-shoots-down-indian-jets-carries-out-airstrikes-in-kashmir-idUSKCN1QG0IR?il=0

Pakistan shot down two Indian jets on Wednesday, a spokesman for the Pakistan armed forces said, a day after Indian warplanes struck inside Pakistan for the first time since a war in 1971, prompting leading powers to urge the nuclear armed rivals to show restraint.

This is serious stuff if true.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/27/world/asia/kashmir-india-pakistan-aircraft.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimesworld

New York Times is reporting it now happened just an hour ago. This could be real or just misinformation we have to wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

I'm friends with a few Jehovah's witnesses online and they always share the ****e out of events like this saying they're the beginning of end times.

There will be a few shots back and forth and then they'll settle down after the sabre rattling satisfies the reactionary elements in both countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭thomil

Flightradar24.com is reporting that Pakistan has closed its air space effective 0730h. So far, it's only until tomorrow at midnight, but truth be told, I have a bad feeling about this.

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/status/1100671221686042624

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

thomil wrote: »
    Flightradar24.com is reporting that Pakistan has closed its air space effective 0730h. So far, it's only until tomorrow at midnight, but truth be told, I have a bad feeling about this.

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/status/1100671221686042624

India has just taken over a national highway, many tanks and artillery are on the move likely to the border. Heavy fighting near the border. They need to talk before this gets out of hand.

troyzer wrote: »
    I'm friends with a few Jehovah's witnesses online and they always share the ****e out of events like this saying they're the beginning of end times.

There will be a few shots back and forth and then they'll settle down after the sabre rattling satisfies the reactionary elements in both countries.

Who said it was the end of times?

It serious stuff when both countries starting shooting each other planes out of the sky. Pakistan captured a pilot and showed him on TV. They might solve this soon, but right now we should be reporting what is happening., its real news.

Who said it was the end of times?

It serious stuff when both countries starting shooting each other planes out of the sky. Pakistan captured a pilot and showed him on TV. They might solve this soon, but right now we should be reporting what is happening., its real news.

Usually when you these kind of overreacting posters online they're either religious nuts or conspiracy theorists. I suppose there's a big overlap there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

TBF if common sense restraint is not exercised it could get out of control. Imran Khan was very conciliatory and composed today, but Modi is a BJP Hindhu nationalist, and sadly up for re-election in May, which is driving his Government's response, my concerns would be about how India handles this, not Pakistan. I am not a fan, personally, of the BJP Government and their semi fundamentalist nationalism. Hopefully a Congress coalition Government wins the upcoming elections, which would hopefully bring more common sense, peace and stability to the region.

Good few posts in here didn't age well. Seems like a serious incident.

Pakistanis say they will release the captured pilot tomorrow. Doesn't sound like they are planning on escalating.

Pakistanis say they will release the captured pilot tomorrow. Doesn't sound like they are planning on escalating.

Has not stopped the fighting. Civilians and Pakistan soldiers have died in the last few hours from heavy shelling. EU and the United States need to step up and calm the situation.

Has not stopped the fighting. Civilians and Pakistan soldiers have died in the last few hours from heavy shelling. EU and the United States need to step up and calm the situation.
    The shelling seems to be largely along the line of control. Bit of a step back from airstrikes into the other country.

• Advertisement

The shelling seems to be largely along the line of control. Bit of a step back from airstrikes into the other country.

Indeed, Imran Khan's noble and peaceful gesture to release the Indian pilot, in the face of Modi's rampant War Panga seems to have de-escalated things, thankfully. Modi imho has come off very poorly in this and is trying to use this as an election boost for his BJP party in May's elections. Khan's TV address was notable in its conciliatory nature, and his conduct and press interviews have been impressive. In comparison Modi has said little and come across poorly, hiding behind other ministers.

Inquitus wrote: »

Indeed, Imran Khan's noble and peaceful gesture to release the Indian pilot, in the face of Modi's rampant War Panga seems to have de-escalated things, thankfully. Modi imho has come off very poorly in this and is trying to use this as an election boost for his BJP party in May's elections. Khan's TV address was notable in its conciliatory nature, and his conduct and press interviews have been impressive. In comparison Modi has said little and come across poorly, hiding behind other ministers.

Well, I think we can tell which way you fall on this one.

Well, I think we can tell which way you fall on this one.

I prefer India to Pakistan in geopolitical terms, but in terms of comparing the 2 leaders handling of this I'd say Khan came across much much better. Just my 2c.

Tensions have eased for now. I suspect they were given a talking to behind the scenes to calm it down. For their armies to invade each other the end result is a nuclear war. They know the risk.

Both countries are still on high alert, so we have to watch this one closely.

Advertisement