Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Options Connemara

Options
  • 21-02-2019 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Good evening all,

Just from reading through the posts, I don't see much mention of Lightnet based in Loughrea. I'm moving to a property near Rossaveal which is outside of the current FTTH rollout and afaik too far for ADSL (out of Inverin exch).

Any Lightnet users in Connemara region of Galway? From speaking to them, they reckon they've launched a new mast somewhere near Clifden and can deliver decent speeds.

My options are limited and from what I've read here Imagine are having serious congestion issues, so would not be keen to go that route.

Perhaps Martin from Airwire could give info on a wireless service? I have used the eircode finder but not so clear on options.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

Any Lightnet or Airwire users care to comment on the quality of their service in Connemara?

Most other threads are fairly old as far as I can see.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

I have Airwire in east Galway and get consistent stable good speeds.

I have being using the connection for long Skype calls to the USA with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭tphase

Have Lightnet at work and find them very good, very sound to deal with

Advertisement