Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android reccomendations

Options
  • 21-02-2019 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭

Currently have iPhone X but I’m looking to jump ship. Budget is around 650. Willing to buy used/refurbished too. Also will the S10 depreciate by much? Reccomendations greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Shn99 wrote: »
    Currently have iPhone X but I’m looking to jump ship. Budget is around 650. Willing to buy used/refurbished too. Also will the S10 depreciate by much? Reccomendations greatly appreciated

Forget refurbished, this is Android. What do you require from the phone? Myself I would avoid Samsung and opt for a brand that are close to vanilla Android OS ie don't layer in customisations like Samsung do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Good camera, longevity (3-4 years of updates), and an overall smooth experience. Ive read a bit about the one plus 6t, would you recommend it?

Good camera, longevity (3-4 years of updates), and an overall smooth experience. Ive read a bit about the one plus 6t, would you recommend it?

Yes, I've the OnePlus 5 and love it. I see no reason to upgrade it. The OnePlus is very close to vanilla Android and gets regular updates for about 3 years (From first release)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Yes, I've the OnePlus 5 and love it. I see no reason to upgrade it. The OnePlus is very close to vanilla Android and gets regular updates for about 3 years (From first release)

How’s the battery life?

How’s the battery life?

Great, it also has dash charge, 0-50% in 20 mins

• Advertisement

you should be able to get an S10 soon enough (few weeks / month) for 650 if you're willing to buy online.

depends on how much you value waterproofing and camera

the s10 will beat the 6t on both counts as well as having a faster and newer cpu

the finish is a bit better also

updates wise you will get 2 years min.

after official updates end you have the option of installing a rom.

samsung's version of android is nowhere near as annoying as it used to be in the days of touchwiz

it's pretty ok these days in fact

the only crappy thing is the bixtby assistant but there are ways of turning that off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Shn99 wrote:
    How’s the battery life?

If good battery life is your main requirement then there is only one phone you should consider. The Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra. Amazing. You will comfortably get two days of heavy usage from a single charge. 6" screen, brilliant display, bombproof reliability. Comparatively cheap too. You can buy one on ebay for just over half of your budget.

wouldn't recommend a sony phone personally. their design is stuck in the past - bulky and squared design.

3580mah is not a massive battery by any means.

and the cpu on that sony is not strong - the 855 in the Samsung would be over 3 times as powerful.

plus the camera is way better, as is screen and no waterproofing on that sony

Advertisement