Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OpenEir - is there anyway to reach them?

Options
  • 21-02-2019 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi there,

I’m part of a development of 30 new homes in Cork city. We’re surrounded by homes enabled for FTTH.

We’re all waiting on OpenEir pulling cables to our homes. It’s been 4 months now and I’m getting tired of waiting.

Is there any way to reach OpenEir? I get that they are the wholesale provider, and that ideally should only be contacted via the ISP I signup to. But my ISP is getting nothing from them, other than an acknowledgement that cabling needs to be run.

I want to try and help organise this for the other homeowners, and of course myself - but I cannot find how best to start.

Has anyone else faced this, and if so - any good advice?

Thanks,
    Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They have responded to tweets in the past but its definitely not surefire.
    It’s been 4 months now and I’m getting tired of waiting.

At present there's lots of build works cabling crews and KNN to be getting on with, 4 months may be a blip in the wait time.

Has the development been taken in charge? If no the developer would need to ok works but once CorkCC take it they need to apply for a civils licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 chrisjcbt

ED E wrote: »
    They have responded to tweets in the past but its definitely not surefire.

At present there's lots of build works cabling crews and KNN to be getting on with, 4 months may be a blip in the wait time.

Has the development been taken in charge? If no the developer would need to ok works but once CorkCC take it they need to apply for a civils licence.

I’ve tried twitter. Zero response unfortunately.

The developer has ok’d the works, they are moving in themselves, and keen to get this fixed. Is there anyway I can check on the CorkCC license?

We feel like we’re stuck in the middle, and no-one will talk to us from OpenEir.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭limktime

I'm in a similar position. Everywhere around me has FTTH. I've tried ISPs and they have actually advised that I contact OpenEir or eir myself. Emailed directly to fibrepower@openeir.ie and contacted them on twitter. Back when I first made contact in November, I got a bit of back and forth and then they just stopped replying to me on both email and twitter. Emailed a few times and have nothing back. New estate as well.

Advertisement