Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting error

Options
  • 21-02-2019 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭

Hope I'm posting this in the right place? I keep getting a 404 error when I try to reply to a thread, half the time the only way I can post is by quoting somebody. I'm using an android phone and I use the legacy touch site if any of that helps. Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

The touch site seems to be working ok here (Chrome on Android), can you confirm if you are still having trouble? And that it is touch.boards.ie you are using?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

The touch site seems to be working ok here (Chrome on Android), can you confirm if you are still having trouble? And that it is touch.boards.ie you are using?

Yeah it's touch.boards.ie, will clear my cache and see if it makes a difference, I'm on Chrome too. Never had this problem before it's strange.

It let me reply to this thread no problem? It's the Arsenal thread in the soccer forum I can't post in weirdly, don't think I'm banned or anything. Only way I can post is by quoting as you can see from my post history in that thread.

It let me reply to this thread no problem? It's the Arsenal thread in the soccer forum I can't post in weirdly, don't think I'm banned or anything. Only way I can post is by quoting as you can see from my post history in that thread.

This is still ongoing, cleared my cookies/data and it hasn't made any difference. Just tried to post in the Arsenal thread there to no avail.

That's what I'm getting

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Bobby Baccala,

Could you try using an Incognito window please? What browser are you using?

It was reported in another thread that it is a Cookies issue. I know you've said that you've cleared them, but it may be worth another try - logging out of Boards (and closing all other Boards tabs), and you need to ensure data of both boards.ie and touch.boards.ie is erased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

Is there any difference when you request desktop site compared to mobile site in your settings?

Advertisement