Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

UHG multi storey car park

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭ what_traffic


    dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi
    I know it's been built a few years now but is it true that there were less parking spaces than before the car park was built? Can that be true? If so was the purpose to free up space for development or similar?

    https://www.thejournal.ie/galway-hospital-car-parking-2346932-Sep2015/?section=comment#comments

    Thanks,
    Pa

    Yes the previous surface car park was used for further Building Developments in UHG in addition to the Multi Story Car Park that was built.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭ what_traffic


    Another possible side of affect of this MULTI Story Car Park building - made the existing HELIPAD redundant?
    Recent story about temporary Helipad in the paper
    https://connachttribune.ie/new-pitch-in-swap-for-uhgs-temporary-helipad-600/


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭ xckjoo


    It's okay. They just turned all the footpaths into parking spots instead


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭ ?Cee?view


    It's ok. The patients can cycle :rolleyes:


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭ xckjoo


    ?Cee?view wrote: »
    It's ok. The patients can cycle :rolleyes:


    Well they can't walk anywhere that's for sure. Good thing exercise doesn't help physical well-being. They should also stop putting notes in their windows claiming to be staff.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭ Storm 10


    Another possible side of affect of this MULTI Story Car Park building - made the existing HELIPAD redundant?
    Recent story about temporary Helipad in the paper
    https://connachttribune.ie/new-pitch-in-swap-for-uhgs-temporary-helipad-600/

    Helicopters are back landing on the pad onside the hospital ground since January, there was improvements made to the pad that has allowed them back. Check out Galway Helicopter Movements on Facebook lots of pictures and video of the landing there.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭ what_traffic


    Storm 10 wrote: »
    Helicopters are back landing on the pad onside the hospital ground since January, there was improvements made to the pad that has allowed them back. Check out Galway Helicopter Movements on Facebook lots of pictures and video of the landing there.

    oh so they are handing back the temp one to the City Council then?


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭ Storm 10


    oh so they are handing back the temp one to the City Council then?

    City Council going to put a bus lane through there now in the latest plan read last week's City Tribune


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭ what_traffic


    Storm 10 wrote: »
    City Council going to put a bus lane through there now in the latest plan read last week's City Tribune

    Does that mean there will be two landing pads now? Depending on the size of the Helicopter?

    Any mention of them retaining the Roundabout behind UHG as well in that article?


  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭ Psychlops




  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,778 ✭✭✭✭ Edgar Prickly Robbery


    Could someone change the thread title from CUH (cork university hospital) to UHG.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭ gordongekko


    Could someone change the thread title from CUH (cork university hospital) to UHG.

    And then change it to uchg


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,742 ✭✭✭✭ zell12


    You mean
    de Regional
    Central Maternity Hospital
    Galway Workhouse


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,778 ✭✭✭✭ Edgar Prickly Robbery


    And then change it to uchg

    There is no c anymore, official name is UHG.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭ what_traffic


    Storm 10 wrote: »
    City Council going to put a bus lane through there now in the latest plan read last week's City Tribune

    Ya but not through the current temporary-Helipad - road will be the Shantalla side of this Helipad(or a newer version of it?).

    This article
    https://connachttribune.ie/city-council-urged-to-clarify-legal-status-of-shantalla-park/
    would indicate the same.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭ Storm 10


    What I cant understand is what all the fuss is about this, the City Council have provided a state of the art Running Track with GAA and Soccer pitches and a home for St Michaels Club, the area where the temporary pad is used to be a bog in the Winter and tall grass in the Summer there was never anything in that area, since January the helicopters are back landing inside the hospital grounds but given that UHG is the busiest hospital in the Country for helicopters its a no brainer that when it comes to saving lives build what ever kind of pad they require to operate from.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭ what_traffic


    Storm 10 wrote: »
    What I cant understand is what all the fuss is about this, the City Council have provided a state of the art Running Track with GAA and Soccer pitches and a home for St Michaels Club, the area where the temporary pad is used to be a bog in the Winter and tall grass in the Summer there was never anything in that area, since January the helicopters are back landing inside the hospital grounds but given that UHG is the busiest hospital in the Country for helicopters its a no brainer that when it comes to saving lives build what ever kind of pad they require to operate from.

    It is a negotiating strategy. Will get concessions that Council will do something with the rest of the area that you have outlined above.


  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ the-island-man


    It somehow seems wrong to refer to it as a Multi Storey car park when it just does the bare minimum to meet the definition of multiple storeys!


Advertisement