Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time top left of screen Nokia 6 2017

Options
  • 21-02-2019 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Nokia 6 2017 updated to Pie and the time now appears at top left of the screen.
    I've had a poke about but can't find any way of removing it.
    I already have clock on screen and don't need another.It also takes up space in the notification bar
    Anyone know how to hide it please?
    Thanks in advance
    Steve F :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

On my One Plus 6, if I go to Settings, Display and scroll down to Status Bar I can remove the clock. I don't know if the settings on the Nokia are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

On my One Plus 6, if I go to Settings, Display and scroll down to Status Bar I can remove the clock. I don't know if the settings on the Nokia are the same.

Thanks for answering
    Sadly no, that option doesn't appear on the Nokia 6 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Get yourself Nova launcher, then follow the below steps:

Press and hold onto the home screen and choose “Widgets.”
    Scroll and search for Nova Launcher widget.
    Select the widgets.
    Select widget called “Activities”.
    Scroll and find the System UI option.
    Select this option and choose “System UI demo mode” at the bottom.
    An app activity will be created on the Home Screen.
    Launch it and select “Status bar”.

You can then select which icons you want in the status bar including the time :)

GBX wrote: »
    Get yourself Nova launcher, then follow the below steps:

Press and hold onto the home screen and choose “Widgets.”
    Scroll and search for Nova Launcher widget.
    Select the widgets.
    Select widget called “Activities”.
    Scroll and find the System UI option.
    Select this option and choose “System UI demo mode” at the bottom.
    An app activity will be created on the Home Screen.
    Launch it and select “Status bar”.

You can then select which icons you want in the status bar including the time :)

Brilliant
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭GBX

No probs. They moved the clock over to the left because of all the phones coming out with notches. Bit of a nuisance but at least that's the great thing in Android in that there is usually** an option to change it !

** Disclaimer - don't blame me, if your search for an option is unsuccessful :pac:

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    No probs. They moved the clock over to the left because of all the phones coming out with notches. Bit of a nuisance but at least that's the great thing in Android in that there is usually** an option to change it !

** Disclaimer - don't blame me, if your search for an option is unsuccessful :pac:

:pac:
    Ahhh so that's why its now over there...the NOTCH!!. It never occurred to me.
    Thanks again
    Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Cool2015

I've got a Nokia 8 and they did the same,they also removed the frequently used apps row visible at the top of the app menu.

Advertisement