Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knockanstockan 2019

  • 21-02-2019 12:33am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 12,337 ✭✭✭✭


    Well it seems Knockanstockan announced today, there doesn't seem to be a Youtube video but there is a Facebook one with the lineup within, can't find lineup poster so here's the vid.

    https://www.facebook.com/KnockanStockan/videos/295323154492288/?t=50

    If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)



«1

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q


    Well it seems Knockanstockan announced today, there doesn't seem to be a Youtube video but there is a Facebook one with the lineup within, can't find lineup poster so here's the vid.

    https://www.facebook.com/KnockanStockan/videos/295323154492288/?t=50

    BICURIOUS ▪ JOSHUA BURNSIDE ▪ CHERYM ▪ THUMPER ▪ THE SCRATCH ▪
    POWPIG ▪ LUKA PALM ▪ KITT PHILLIPA ▪ JUNIOR BROTHER ▪ SHOOKRAH ▪
    KNEECAP ▪ HOT COPS ▪ DEADLABEL ▪ POST PUNK PODGE AND THE TECHNOHIPPIES ▪
    KEAN KAVANAGH ▪ PADDY DENNEHY ▪ LEMONCELLO ▪ SOFT BOY DJS ▪
    COOKS BUT WE'RE CHEFS ▪ BOUTS ▪ TPM ▪ THE PALE ▪ FARAH ELLE ▪
    WORDS THAT BURN ▪ HAZEY HAZE ▪ NEALO ▪ SYNK ▪ MANKKY ▪ CLERK 5 ▪
    ROWAN ▪ GAVINDAVINCI ▪ AILIE ▪ HATCHLINGS ▪ SILVERBACKS

    Decent first announcement.

    Assuming it now goes without saying The Eskies will play :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker


    Here's the poster. I think I'll go to this again, dates suit and it was great last year.

    52688597_2527620463918741_3402212009419210752_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=4b9c40df8af6a943ade69363ee4287ef&oe=5D195127


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica


    Playlist for anyone interested.

    Looking forward to knockan. Last year was amazing. I hope they have the Scratch and Eskies one after another like last year.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica


    Fairly quiet on boards for Knockan.

    Both a bad and good thing I guess. Anyone else heading ?

    Quite devastated that the Eskies broke up and wont be playing, they've been a Knockan staple for 10 years :(


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q


    was forced to choose between atn and ks, atn won out unfortunately.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Peesh89


    Korvanica wrote: »
    Fairly quiet on boards for Knockan.

    Both a bad and good thing I guess. Anyone else heading ?

    Quite devastated that the Eskies broke up and wont be playing, they've been a Knockan staple for 10 years :(

    Yep, heading along but half our group has bailed this year.
    One or two because the atmosphere where we were camped in the top campsite last year has turned them off completely. Tent robbings and fights and that ridiculous **** with the security banging around to wake people up from 7am on Monday morning.
    One or two choosing ATN over it, but I shall be doing both myself.

    Hoping to get back down to lakeside this year, we camped there in 2016 and was very nice, full of lovely people and nice tent neighbours. But we arrived early last year and were told it wasn't open yet they were waiting til the other campsite was full. Really looking forward to it!
    Looks like they've moved the unfiltered stage from where it was last year and it might just be the way the map is draw but looks like dimestore has moved somewhat too.
    I recommend everyone go see Senu. At a gig recently and was blown away.
    Any recommendations?? - The Scratch and The Pale are deffo on my list.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica


    Peesh89 wrote: »
    Yep, heading along but half our group has bailed this year.
    One or two because the atmosphere where we were camped in the top campsite last year has turned them off completely. Tent robbings and fights and that ridiculous **** with the security banging around to wake people up from 7am on Monday morning.
    One or two choosing ATN over it, but I shall be doing both myself.

    Hoping to get back down to lakeside this year, we camped there in 2016 and was very nice, full of lovely people and nice tent neighbours. But we arrived early last year and were told it wasn't open yet they were waiting til the other campsite was full. Really looking forward to it!
    Looks like they've moved the unfiltered stage from where it was last year and it might just be the way the map is draw but looks like dimestore has moved somewhat too.
    I recommend everyone go see Senu. At a gig recently and was blown away.
    Any recommendations?? - The Scratch and The Pale are deffo on my list.

    Lakeside is the best campsite, agreed. The wake up on Monday last year was absolute bollocks. There were tons of complaints about it so hopefully it wont happen again this year. And I also notices the crowd in the main campsite was rough as ****. Especially closer to the Rasher factory end.

    Looks like the Dimestore tent is now close to where Unfiltered was last year. and the Rasherfactory seems to have been moved too. From the map - looks like it might be a barn structure now so possibly something along the lines of the Haunt at EP.

    The Scratch are top of my list, WOB! happyalone. and Wastefellow sound awesome too.

    I cannot find out when its open. No responses from them on facebook.

    EDIT:: Also check out Bicurious, No Spill Blood and Dead Label


  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Peesh89


    Usually campsites open about 1pm, have been there for opening most years but only have the half day in work this year so will be probably up there for about 3 I reckon and hoping they'll have lakeside open :)
    Love Bicurious and have heard good things about wastefellow but haven't gotten to a gig before so i'll throw them on the list. WOB supported me-felllaaaaz band last year and were great so have that down too. Missed TPM and Kneecap at body and soul so think I'll try catch them as well.
    Also if any of you are not of the vegetarian persuasion I always recommend the cranky yankee for a corn dog.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot


    buzzing for it myself - not heading down till Saturday but weather is looking really good for it!Last year was my first year and the line-up this year is insanely good. So much talent.

    Hot Cops, The Bonk and Robocobra Quartet would be my (possibly lesser known) recommendations as must-sees.

    The Thin Air made a good Spotify mix-tape of their picks - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/21jnh1JI43kAoiZSGtFQpg


  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Peesh89


    buzzing for it myself - not heading down till Saturday but weather is looking really good for it!Last year was my first year and the line-up this year is insanely good. So much talent.

    Hot Cops, The Bonk and Robocobra Quartet would be my (possibly lesser known) recommendations as must-sees.

    The Thin Air made a good Spotify mix-tape of their picks - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/21jnh1JI43kAoiZSGtFQpg

    What weather app are you looking at.... YR is looking bleeeeaaak.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot


    haha I stand corrected. I had just looked at the daily boards weather thread, which is a bit ambiguous on its forecast now that I look back at it. Met is telling a very different story!


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Arghus


    I went to see The Scratch play in Galway there a few months back, just on a whim, I knew nothing about them, but it was a free gig and I had a gut feeling they were worth a look.

    My god, they were outstanding. Their energy, musicianship and ability to work the crowd was something else. One of the best gigs I was ever at, absolutely the best one that cost nothing!


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q


    Seemed to be a bit of a bad vibe in small pockets of the camping. I know someone whos tent was stolen, like they actually robbed the tent.

    The 7am wake up was a disgrace. Priiiicks. Still fuming about it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Peesh89


    haha I stand corrected. I had just looked at the daily boards weather thread, which is a bit ambiguous on its forecast now that I look back at it. Met is telling a very different story!

    The forecast couldn't be more Irish for the weekend hahaha the little taunting pictures being a cloud a giant sun and raindrops all together.
    Wouldn't be surprised if they just sprinkled a few lightning bolts and a snowflake in for good measure.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot


    Peesh89 wrote: »
    The forecast couldn't be more Irish for the weekend hahaha the little taunting pictures being a cloud a giant sun and raindrops all together.
    Wouldn't be surprised if they just sprinkled a few lightning bolts and a snowflake in for good measure.

    Boards weather thread is still giving quite a reserved forecast for Saturday and Sunday!


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica


    6pm on Saturday a mate of mine is running the Giant Wolf Theatre Company set. They get the crowd to tell stories and do small interpretive acts to it. It's pretty funny so i'd recommend it.

    Did anyone catch Cula Bula last year on the main stage (Saturday around 2 or 3) ? They were savage - shame they're not reappearing this year. They seem to be total lunatics.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord


    Korvanica wrote: »
    Lakeside is the best campsite, agreed. The wake up on Monday last year was absolute bollocks. There were tons of complaints about it so hopefully it wont happen again this year. And I also notices the crowd in the main campsite was rough as ****. Especially closer to the Rasher factory end.

    Looks like the Dimestore tent is now close to where Unfiltered was last year. and the Rasherfactory seems to have been moved too. From the map - looks like it might be a barn structure now so possibly something along the lines of the Haunt at EP.

    The Scratch are top of my list, WOB! happyalone. and Wastefellow sound awesome too.

    I cannot find out when its open. No responses from them on facebook.

    EDIT:: Also check out Bicurious, No Spill Blood and Dead Label

    Has the Rasherfactory not been a barn the last few years?

    Is there any restrictions for camping Lakeside? Like is it open for everyone/


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica


    Has the Rasherfactory not been a barn the last few years?

    Is there any restrictions for camping Lakeside? Like is it open for everyone/

    Previously it was however last year it was a white dome sort of thing. I'd actually forgotten it was a barn before.

    If you're in early they'll probably try to get you to goto the main campsite. I'd recommend ignoring them.


  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Peesh89


    If any of you are not in the Overheard in Knockanstockan group... A watermelon seems to be the must have accessory for this years festival.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica


    Peesh89 wrote: »
    If any of you are not in the Overheard in Knockanstockan group... A watermelon seems to be the must have accessory for this years festival.

    All stocked up. :D


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha


    Surprised to hear there was trouble at it in the campsites last year, anytime Ive been its always been a good crowd. And what was with the 7am Monday morning wake up? If they had to clear it for cleaning youd think at least wait until 9 or 10am to wake people up.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q


    the security were going around screaming at people, shaking tents, banging on pots and pans, basically starting fights with people.

    Terrible end to a great festival. It was the private security firm.


  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Peesh89


    A friend of mine was speaking to one of the organisers last week and they mentioned they had a new security team in this year and that some of knockans own crew would be "watching the watchmen".

    Last year I thought someone was just still up and about, high as a kite hitting pots together and blowing a whistle trying to be gas until I heard it all kick off. Absolute stress of it... after a 3 day festival you need a bit of kip before driving home but the security were telling people to move on from 7 or so.. supposedly wasn't happening in the lower campsites and because knockan crew were in crew camping they weren't aware at the time and would have thought the security were doing their job.


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha


    Surprised the organisers allowed them to do that, its definitely not the vibe of how they organise it


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q


    Peesh89 wrote: »
    A friend of mine was speaking to one of the organisers last week and they mentioned they had a new security team in this year and that some of knockans own crew would be "watching the watchmen".

    Last year I thought someone was just still up and about, high as a kite hitting pots together and blowing a whistle trying to be gas until I heard it all kick off. Absolute stress of it... after a 3 day festival you need a bit of kip before driving home but the security were telling people to move on from 7 or so.. supposedly wasn't happening in the lower campsites and because knockan crew were in crew camping they weren't aware at the time and would have thought the security were doing their job.

    Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing.

    Absolute ****. Delighted they weren't asked back. Were they a northern firm? Seem to remember the girl with them being particularly bad.


  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior


    Anyone got a link to the festival site map? I couldn't find it on the website! Ta

    Edit. Scratch that, it's on the feckin homepage!!


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica


    Anyone got a link to the festival site map? I couldn't find it on the website! Ta

    Edit. Scratch that, it's on the feckin homepage!!

    It it me or are their maps garbage ? Too much trying to be artsy means it fails at its job IMO.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,337 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude


    Korvanica wrote: »
    It it me or are their maps garbage ? Too much trying to be artsy means it fails at its job IMO.

    I don't mind the map its done like the Furry Freak Brothers comic. :) I presume Spirit Animal stage is the main stage.

    If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)



  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Peesh89


    Just saw them post the campsites open at 3pm this year, usually 1pm.
    I'm like a lunatic looking up weather for blessington, ballyknockan and valleymount.. I need to be stopped.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica


    I was told campervans were opening at 2pm, so i'm probably gonna rock up at 2pm.

    If they dont let us in will just piss around in the queue.


Advertisement