Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from EO grade to CO-Equivalent - Can I keep my salary?

Options
  • 19-02-2019 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

I am a current EO in the Civil Service, transferring to a CO-equivalent post in the Public Service.

Can I transfer to the closest point on the CO payscale to my current EO payscale point? i.e. Keep my current EO pay amount at the lower grade?

If not, should my service count? i.e. Can I transfer to the point on the CO scale reflecting my accrued service? Or do I have to enter at the lowest point on the scale despite my experience/service?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

It really depends on why you are moving back to CO.

I'm in a similar boat. Was CO. Got EO and moved location via the CO competition. It was faster.
    I'm back to point 1 on the CO scale (was point 3) but applying to claim it back.
    Unlikely to keep my EO salary and mark time. I enquired from DEPR about it.
    I'm not sure how they will calculate my 6 months as EO.

The thing was that I transferred on both appointments rather than resigned and start again. It keeps service continuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Why do you think you can drop to a lower grade and keep the higher salary?

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭doc22

I'm in a similar boat. Was CO. Got EO and moved location via the CO competition. It was faster.
    I'm back to point 1 on the CO scale (was point 3) but applying to claim it back.

The thing was that I transferred on both appointments rather than resigned and start again. It keeps service continuous.

Are you in a union they could help you, my understanding is that if you pass probation and hence are an established officer at EO you are entitled to keep your pay so long as it's within CO range

• Registered Users Posts: 2 i_luv_engines

Thank you very much for your answer. My service is also continuous. So, are you applying to claim your point 3 on the CO scale back, and if so, how are you doing that? I also have service at CO grade. Likewise, because my service has been continuous I have been told at a minimum it should be counted, but I would like to know the circular that states this in writing as reference when speaking to my new HR department regarding contracts. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Thank you very much for your answer. My service is also continuous. So, are you applying to claim your point 3 on the CO scale back, and if so, how are you doing that? I also have service at CO grade. Likewise, because my service has been continuous I have been told at a minimum it should be counted, but I would like to know the circular that states this in writing as reference when speaking to my new HR department regarding contracts. Any ideas?

I just let them decide on the rate (for now)at minimum it will be point 3 of CO, otherwise I mark time at 29k. Dept didn't seem to think I could mark time as it was a voluntary step back .

It's local HR who look after it and they will be able to help you out.you need to apply for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭doc22

How did this work out for you tatranska?

Advertisement