Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French disability and discount

Options
  • 19-02-2019 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

For the first time in 20 years I have the opportunity to go abroad.
    I am totally disabled. I used to be a motorcyclist and am still a big fan of the races.
    I tried to purchase some tickets for the 24 hours moto cross in Le mans.
    I send them picture of my Irish disabled pass and letter from my g.p. stating I am totally disabled.
    They told me that they do not give discount to Irish disabled. Only to French disabled.
    Discrimination or not?

Comments

I'm afraid it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 wewewe

Still a sad bunch I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,311 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I'm afraid it's not.

Really , under EU law are we not entitled to like for like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

What sort of information did they request? A disabled parking pass is EU wide isn't it? If you applied and gave a French address would it make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭vonlars

There was a case over something like this before that I can't find at the moment. I think Spain (?) allowed nationals free entry to museums on certain days, and it was held that it was discriminatory. I'll have a look and see if I can find it, but that's pretty shitty of them anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

C'est le vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=1139
    Currently, there is no mutual recognition of disability status between EU Member States: this makes things difficult for persons with disabilities travelling to other EU countries. For instance their national disability cards might not be recognised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 wewewe

I had to provide with a letter from my g.p. outlining that I was disabled and my medical conditions. Also a picture of my pass. I did not tell them what motorcycle I was on when I got disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If you tried to purchase tickets to a big GAA match or a Nathan Carter concert in Ireland, would you expect to get those tickets at a discounted rate because you have a disability?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭Damien360

If you tried to purchase tickets to a big GAA match or a Nathan Carter concert in Ireland, would you expect to get those tickets at a discounted rate because you have a disability?

Do you think a wheelchair user can get to the middle of the Hogan Stand or they would need a specific ticket for a specific location.

Use your brain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,283 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Damien360 wrote: »
    Do you think a wheelchair user can get to the middle of the Hogan Stand or they would need a specific ticket for a specific location.

Use your brain

Croke Park Wheelchair access

Accessibility

Whether traveling to Croke Park as a family with young children or as an individual with limited mobility, we have provided a number of dedicated access points around the stadium to facilitate you.

Special wheelchair friendly viewing locations are located on Level 4 of the Cusack and Davin Stands with a combination of lifts, escalators, stairs and ramps providing easy entry and exit from the stadium for all patrons.

Please check your ticket in advance to ensure you arrive at the correct entry point and if you have specific needs, please contact a staff member on the day or call in advance with any queries.

Entrance to the stadium for wheelchair users on public level is through Gate A2 at the Cusack Stand turnstiles.

https://crokepark.ie/stadium/facilities

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Advertisement