Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cartron / Point road

Options
  • 19-02-2019 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

What's being build just after the turn off on the rosses point road?

House or apartment's?

Road was closed on Sunday as ESB did work.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,093 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

It is one of four social housing sites being built by Sligo Co. Co.

The others are:

Knappagh road / Strandhill road
    Ballymote
    I can't recall the fourth site...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Geuze wrote: »
    It is one of four social housing sites being built by Sligo Co. Co.

The others are:

Knappagh road / Strandhill road
    Ballymote
    I can't recall the fourth site...........

Where can you view the site plans of these projects?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,093 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I looked there last night but didn’t find any application from the Council on the Strandhill Rd in the past 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

It is a long time since they purchased that site. Could be over 20 years ago. It was a single house.

• Advertisement

dingding wrote: »
    It is a long time since they purchased that site. Could be over 20 years ago. It was a single house.

Yes but I assume that the same planning guidelines apply to Council builds, but I wasn’t able to find it on their planning files. What about the ones on the Strandhill Rd? I wasn’t able to find plans for those either. It is for nothing more than my own interest I am asking.

Something wrong with the council site. You can see the planning nos from the map view, but there is a server error when you drill down to the detail.

Something wrong with the council site. You can see the planning nos from the map view, but there is a server error when you drill down to the detail.

I went through the lists searching for Sligo County Council as the applicant for those locations but could not find them.

If you go for the map view and pick out the site there is a square icon and when you click this it should bring you to the planning file.

It only works for some files for some reason. I don't think it can find the ones with an alpha numeric file no.

If you go for the map view and pick out the site there is a square icon and when you click this it should bring you to the planning file.

It only works for some files for some reason. I don't think it can find the ones with an alpha numeric file no.

Couldn’t find them on the map, because I am trying to find them on an iPhone maybe?

• Advertisement

The reason I am trying to find about these developments is to see if any of the houses planned are bungalows.

My brother-in-law has been on the housing list for 9 years. He has a brain injury and it is not safe for him to live in a house with stairs. He has a wife a two children.

Bungalows and sites to build a bungalow close to town are out of their price range.

Over the past year they have sought to buy a site or old house off the Council but they told him they didn’t have anything to sell them.

Their family has land in Cliffoney but were told by the Council that they would not get planning because of its proximity to the N15.

Earlier this year they agreed on a price on a site in Grange but were told by the Council that they would not be granted permission because despite being originally from North Sligo, they were judged not to have significant ties to the area.

They want to move off the housing list and build a house close to Sligo town, a house that suits my brother-in-law’s physical needs but the asking price for sites is very high.

The whole thing is very frustrating for them. Every time they come across a possible solution, a brick wall is put up in front of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

15 units to be built in Collooney..

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭mobil 222

The reason I am trying to find about these developments is to see if any of the houses planned are bungalows.

My brother-in-law has been on the housing list for 9 years. He has a brain injury and it is not safe for him to live in a house with stairs. He has a wife a two children.

Bungalows and sites to build a bungalow close to town are out of their price range.

Over the past year they have sought to buy a site or old house off the Council but they told him they didn’t have anything to sell them.

Their family has land in Cliffoney but were told by the Council that they would not get planning because of its proximity to the N15.

Earlier this year they agreed on a price on a site in Grange but were told by the Council that they would not be granted permission because despite being originally from North Sligo, they were judged not to have significant ties to the area.

They want to move off the housing list and build a house close to Sligo town, a house that suits my brother-in-law’s physical needs but the asking price for sites is very high.

The whole thing is very frustrating for them. Every time they come across a possible solution, a brick wall is put up in front of them.

Ah yes I see they invoked the 'Local Needs' rule.
    That was found to be illegal by the european courts a couple of years back.
    But like everything else this country is always the last to do anything.

mobil 222 wrote: »
    Ah yes I see they invoked the 'Local Needs' rule.
    That was found to be illegal by the european courts a couple of years back.
    But like everything else this country is always the last to do anything.

Worth challenging or a waste of time and money?

My sister is having to work extra hours to save more and more for a deposit as her husband is already working the max part time hours that he is capable of. Bungalows seem to be 25% - 50% more expensive then semi d’s, and generally in need of a lot of work but they have no other choice.

I’d love to see the Site Plan of the new development currently being built on the Strandhill Rd. I still cannot find details on the Council’s planning files. If anyone has a link please post. Looks like there will be a very low percentage of green space. Is there not still a minimum percentage? Maximizing density I assume. Is this just a large apartment block?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

I’d love to see the Site Plan of the new development currently being built on the Strandhill Rd. I still cannot find details on the Council’s planning files. If anyone has a link please post. Looks like there will be a very low percentage of green space. Is there not still a minimum percentage? Maximizing density I assume. Is this just a large apartment block?

Search for the address or applicants name. Where exactly is the development?

Search for the address or applicants name. Where exactly is the development?

Knappagh Rd, immediately after the railway bridge, on the left heading towards Strandhill. I have searched but cannot find it.

The last and fourth site is collooney county sligo

And not one sligo builder.. Hands on involved. In any of the 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

And not one sligo builder.. Hands on involved. In any of the 4

And yet the council invoked a 'not enough ties to the area' to another poster for planning permission?

Gotta love the audacity of their 'our rules' versus 'your rules' mentality!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

How did they justify the entrances to those being suitable, the one on strandhill road in particular has poor visibility it's just after that bad bend.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

promethius wrote: »
    How did they justify the entrances to those being suitable, the one on strandhill road in particular has poor visibility it's just after that bad bend.

The entrance/exit to the RP/Cartron development will be no joke at peak times either. Having said that it doesn't look like there will be much room in there for cars anyway. Has anyone found plans yet? I had a go at the CoCo site but can't find anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

sligojoek wrote: »
    The entrance/exit to the RP/Cartron development will be no joke at peak times either. Having said that it doesn't look like there will be much room in there for cars anyway. Has anyone found plans yet? I had a go at the CoCo site but can't find anything.

There's a 'Part 8 CSS' application visible on the planning map....but you can't view it which seems to be normal with the Sligo CC ??? Council development aren't available online.

It simply states '231 14Homes' on the map. The site is surrounded by a green line on the map ...symbolising it's a Part 8 development.

There's also a 'Part 8 SBC' application for a Proposed New Prom between that site and Hughes bridge .... looks like it will link up with the new amenity area along the bridge. Again, it can't be viewed so it could be old / not approved etc. So don't assume it's going to be complete. I'm just stating what I see on the map. If they are doing a new prom they should run it along the rear of Cartron heights to tidy that area up, it's already used as a walkway but could do with a facelift IMO.

Advertisement