Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planting close to a neighbours house

Options
  • 19-02-2019 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am considering planting an acre of rough ground.

However, the field I want to plant is located directly across the road from a neighbours house. What are the rules around this?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭victor8600

As far as I know, there are no rules preventing you from planting trees on your land in your case (1 acre). If tree branches extend into the neighbour's land, the neighbour may cut those branches off.

However, I would present neighbours with options -- they may prefer lower height trees or bushes close to their house. Also think about winds, if the prevailing wind can break a tree, would it fall on the road or a house?

Here is the explanation of the setback rule (60m from forest to houses):
    https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/forestry-regs/

But you are planting a tiny area, so setback rules do not apply.

Things would be different if the area was large, then you would need to apply for permissions to change the usage of the area.

Advertisement