Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes banks

Options
  • 19-02-2019 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi, as the title suggested: where are there clothes banks at the moment in Ennis? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I usually use the recycling banks at the swimming pool, they have 1 for every type of recycling. Other than that Ennis National school collect old clothes as well, they've a drop off at the bike ranks at the school but I don't know if that's open to the public or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Anonymous12

Many thanks a Clareman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

chuckles30 wrote: »

That's only worth using if you've a carload of stuff - it's a fiver a time to visit the council site (unless you're only bringing in WEEE stuff).

That's only worth using if you've a carload of stuff - it's a fiver a time to visit the council site (unless you're only bringing in WEEE stuff).

Textiles are free according to the website:

"The following items are accepted free of charge for householders:

Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE), such as fridges, cookers, computers, etc.
    Fluorescent tubes
    Waste batteries
    Textiles (must be dry and clean)"

Anytime I visit, I get full value for my fiver :D:D

• Advertisement

Textiles are free according to the website:

"The following items are accepted free of charge for householders:

Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE), such as fridges, cookers, computers, etc.
    Fluorescent tubes
    Waste batteries
    Textiles (must be dry and clean)"

Anytime I visit, I get full value for my fiver :D:D

Thanks for that - I didn't know that. I shoulda read the link in full. :o

99% of my clothes go to charity shops (where most of 'em come from in the first place) unless they're embarrassingly tatty, in which cases cleaning cloths.

Useless wellies are difficult to dispose of - I was told by a worker in Gort Road I'd have to take them to Inagh, so they get stored with empty paint cans.

find some local school/gaa club doing a cash for clobber collection - they'll be delighted with the wellies as they pay by weight

find some local school/gaa club doing a cash for clobber collection - they'll be delighted with the wellies as they pay by weight

I'll ask - we have several clubs who take scrap metal so maybe wellies too?

What can they do with them? They're no good for wearing in the wet anymore.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There's 1 in Clarecastle beside the playground

Ennis National School has this put up on their Facebook Parents Page
    Doing a clear out????

Every year Ennis National School raises money from your unwanted clean clothing, shoes, belts, curtains, bedsheets, towels and handbags. Bags can be left in the Bicycle Shed at anytime during the school year where they will be stored away until the next collection.

No dirty rags, pillows, cushions or duvets

• Advertisement
Advertisement