Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SW1070 upgrade

Options
  • 18-02-2019 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We currently have a HKC alarm, and from looking at the label on the PCB in the main box it is a sw1070. I was curious in the best option for upgrading this or if that is even possible. Is there a module I can buy for this to allow app integration or do I need a new board for that? Any idea on costs?
    I have recently installed some remote control of other devices in the house using sonoff products and this got me thinking on the alarm.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The 1070 is a relatively new panel & is capable of app control with additional equipment, so no need to upgrade. It is one of the ones that comes with annual or monthly charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I was on the HKC site there and see a LAN card is an option. I could probably drop a network cable to that panel handy enough. If I have that is it then a subscription service? Our home is very rarely empty so remote control is just a nice to have and if it meant spending a few quid on a network card and using our existing internet I would consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

vintagevrs wrote: »
    I was on the HKC site there and see a LAN card is an option. I could probably drop a network cable to that panel handy enough. If I have that is it then a subscription service? Our home is very rarely empty so remote control is just a nice to have and if it meant spending a few quid on a network card and using our existing internet I would consider it.

The HKC service is still a subscription even if using your own path.
    They have a dual card which connects to both GSM network and wifi in your home.

Advertisement